My 2009 foals so far..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calekio

Reaction score
This year we have 3 foals due... all by my now gelded piebald stallion... (who when he puts colour on he don't do by halfs! As seen below!)

First to arrive was Calekio RainCloud, a beautiful black filly - after a 3 week wait first time mum Minx gave birth in the rain at 3pm in the afternoon...(so must for sleeping in the car at night to catch her foaling! lol)

Skye is a little diva who is well aware of how to get what she wants... already running mum ragged at now 2 weeks old.

She is being retained as a hopeful future broodmare, i hope she'll be a nice cross to my new homozugous coloured colt i've just put a deposit on. (thankyou Shadelady)

MinxSkyeFieldCuteMay09-600x417.jpg

Standing with Piper.. who i'm still waiting for her to foal.. Skye is convinced she has 2 mum's! lol

SkyePiper4May09.JPG

And born yesterday Calekio Bailey's On Ice, a rather tall but nice palomino & white colt. His mum has been on loan to my friend (NickyMinis) and Flye the sneaky madem waited till she wasn't being watched to foal at around 4.30am.. (How long did you stay awake for Nicky! lol)

PC200044-600x416.jpg

PC200064.JPG

Now... my coloured mare is as big as a house (very unusal for her..) so i do hope she doesn't do her usual of 3 weeks late! As she is due today... lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't believe it, the first foal to be born in my care and she waits til i take a nap (silly me thought as it was getting light and she hadn't had it already, that she wasn't going to have it that night and i was safe to take a nap!)
default_wacko.png
Oh well!! at least she had a healthy foal without any problems.

I'm glad you like my suggested name ' Calekio Bailey's On Ice' or Bailey for short. I just thought his colour reminded me so much of my favorite beverage!! it just had to be.

He is now only 1 day old and he's already running rings round his mother!!
default_biggrin.png

Starting how he means to go on then Nicky! lol Give it a week she'll be begging you for Bagpuss's company! lol

Flye is sneaky... but rarely has any problem as well... she is a brillant broodmare.. does it all herself
default_smile.png

What is more interesting though i think is both the foals by the sire... he don't do thinks by halfs... all or nothing when it comes to putting colour on them! lol
default_laugh.png

Congrats on your new foals
default_biggrin.png
They are just adorable
default_wub.png
These mares sure keep us on our toes
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back