My 2009 babies, not horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haviris

Reaction score
You all make me so envious w/ your foal pics, I unfortunately won't be having any foals this year (but should have 2 next year!), anyway I still wanted to be able to show off my babies this year, since the season is officially over for me! I ended up w/ 12 kids, 8 girls and 4 boys!

We got started 2/17 w/ quads, 2 boys and 2 girls,

Z1 Teegan, doe

IMG_2847.jpg

Z2 Trey, buck

IMG_2610.jpg

Z3 Rosco, buck

IMG_2637.jpg

Z4 Stacy, doe

IMG_2649.jpg

Then 3/4 we had twins, 1 boy and 1 girl

Z5 Rowdy, buck,

IMG_2973.jpg

Z6 Delilah, doe

IMG_3039.jpg

3/15 boy/girl twins again,

Z7, this boy still doesn't have a name, buck

IMG_3171.jpg

Z8, this one left before I named her (I was thinking about calling her Lily), doe

IMG_3187.jpg

3/18 twin girls!

Z9 DeeDee

IMG_3264.jpg

Z10 Kentucky

IMG_3262.jpg

(I sadly lost both DeeDee and Kentucky, at 4 and 6 weeks old)

And finally we finished up 4/22 w/ twin girls, neither are named yet.

Z11

IMG_3553.jpg

Z12

IMG_3543.jpg

Hope you don't mind that it's not horses, but they are still my babies!

Good Lordy, Those really are the most beautiful goats I have ever seen. It should be illegal to own that many cute little babies. Please, I know nothing about goats..what breed? how big will they get? and do you have photos of Teegans Mom and Dad? Please take a video of them all together playing it must be a hoot!!

And here are some pics I took of them (those that are still here) just after the last twins were born,

Rosco (looks like he's smiling!) he'll be leaving w/ Rowdy for a new home in a few weeks,

IMG_3524.jpg

Rowdy

IMG_3505.jpg

Rosco again, Stacy is behind him, she'll be leaving for her new home soon to, along w/ one of the newest twins (not sure if they will go ahead and take her or wait for the other one to be weaned)

IMG_3558.jpg

Little unnamed wether, (if they sell before I name them I usually let the new owner name them, but they haven't told me what they want me to call him)

IMG_3506.jpg

And Rosco and Stacy trying to eat my camera,

IMG_3510.jpg

IMG_3511.jpg

IMG_3504.jpg

I'll definately miss these guys, they are so sweet, Stacy went with me on my last drive, didn't think she'd stay with me once she realized it was going to be so much work, but she stuck it out til the end!

And finally more pics of the newest twins, I may keep the little chocolate girl, up til now I didn't retain a single one, almost kept Teegan, Delilah, and Lily, but ended up letting them all go. So it's my last chance if anyone is going to stay, she's in my lap now fast asleep, I've got to get some pics of her w/ my mom's last schnauzer puppy, they are about the same size and nearly the same color (they aren't really the puppy is black and white and the goat is chocolate and white, but so dark right now she looks almost black), they like to hang out together and you have to do a double take to realize they aren't both puppies! If I don't keep her she will most likely be going w/ her sister and Stacy.

IMG_3530.jpg

This girl looks just like her mom from the back!

IMG_3551.jpg

IMG_3492.jpg

I hope I didn't over do it, next year I should have some foal pics to share (and will probably go pic crazy then too!)!

They are Nigerian Dwarfs, they get about knee high (same size as pygmy goats). I don't have any way to do videos, unfortunately (they are quite something in action). I'll see if I can find pics of Teegan's parents,

This is her mom, Chaney, this was taken the day she kidded,

IMG_2490.jpg

And her Dad, Dallas, I had a hard time finding a recent pic of him, this isn't a great one, he really does have a neck, and he's quite dirty and covered in "buck perfume". I plan to clean him up and get some better pics, but until then this is what I have!

IMG_1869.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those are the cutest things ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

withballoon1.gif

They are adorable. I think they are the prettiest batch of babies I have seen.

Thank you! I'm pretty proud of them! I thought this years kidding season was a screaming success!

Generally the bucks are hairier then the does and wethers, I think that pic of Dallas was taken in the fall, he's slicker now, except for the hair along his spine, he always has a nice mohawk! And right now he's got this long hair right between his eyes that curls halfway down his face, he looks quite silly.

What pretty babies!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing your little bundles of joy
default_biggrin.png

Wow they are all so cute! Very pretty faces with the loud markings.

thanks for sharing...

Oh, good Lord! They are adorable. Every time I see baby goats I get the impulse to run out and get one (or two). I have to really hold back; I've heard too many stories about their destructiveness
default_wink.png
But...they are super sweet! Congrats!

I haven't had any problems w/ destructiveness, although good fences are a must! And if you have plants you don't eaten you better keep the goats far away!

I'm always hearing the stories about goats all over people's vehicles, but in all my goat owning years I've only had one that would climb on vehicles (she prefered visiting vehicles). She was my keeper doe from last year, she was my favorite goat of all time, even though she was a frustrating houdini believed her place was in the house w/ the people and dogs, and NOT in the pasture w/ the other goats.

And since I brought her up here are some pics of my beautiful Sage!

024-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

010.jpg

And a baby pic w/ her sister Lone Star (who's the mom of the 3/15 twins)

022LonestarSage.jpg

BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE nigis
default_smile.png

I have 6 nigis (well 7, I bought another but he isn't weaned yet), 1 pgymy and 1 mini ober. Mine aren't destructive, stay off cars, ect. Spend most of their "outside of pen" time at the hay or eating plants lol

They are alot of fun and so entertaining! I'm going to miss them when they leave, I've only got 5 left, one left yesterday, two more will be leaving next weekend, and Stacy and one of the newest doelings will be leaving when the younger one is weaned. Then I will just have the little chocolate doeling, and she gets to stay for keeps! In fact she's crashed out on the leg rest of the recliner right now. And I still have my adult girls (and boys) they aren't as bouncy as the kids, but they are still quite silly and entertaining to.

I try to keep my herd fairly small, up til now I've managed to keep no more then 5 does and 3 bucks, but this year I'm expanding! I'm keeping the chocolate girl, and bought two new girls that will be here this weekend! So next years kidding season is going to be exciting (and chaotic). Plus the two mini foals I'm expecting! FUN, FUN, FUN!

Latest posts

Back