My 2005 filly @ four months

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootka

Reaction score
larkcphs3uv.jpg

Well, she's just about old enough to wean, and here are photos taken of our only foal for 2005.

She showed against three other weanling mares and in the age class, she took firsts, but then lost out to older mares in the Amateur and Youth classes.

In the AMHA portion, she ended up losing out almost exclusively to smaller, stockier girls.

larkcp0mx.jpg

Oh, well. I like her and feel she will blossom as a yearling. I think she may be a tad light right now, and maybe that is what the judges were seeing?

My only gripe is her neck set on her shoulders, at this point! I doubt it will change, but maybe as she fills in a little, it will look less obvious? I mean the point in front of her withers on the top of the neck.

larkcp20yg.jpg

I LOVE this girl's topline...wow!

larkcp16lv.jpg

She has NO "V" in these pics, I actually clipped it all off and clipped a bit down her tailbone on top. *LOL*

Oh, btw, she is 27.25" tall and four months old on the 21st. I am HOPING she is 32" or thereabouts. Mom is 31 and dad is 33.50".

I should soon have better photos as we are taking her up to Stacy's for Liz McMillan photos!!!

Thanks for looking!

Liz M.

[SIZE=14pt]Liz I love her. What I have found when trying to show this style of horse as a weaner or short yearling is that the shorter stockier horses do win because they look more mature at that age. One judge even told me that. But I have also found that as two and three year olds the same meaty weaners and yearlings were too meaty and coarse. She is going to be another mouse you wait and see![/SIZE]

Lyn

Wow, Liz - she's already blossomed!!! She is beautiful!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Ahhh there she is! What a trooper she has been to how many shows? Three???

I think her neck will just fine when she fills in. Fiona is going through the same thing. But her nice is not as shapely as Lark's in the first place.

Are you going to hold off and wean her with Rogue. I sure was happy how it was this year for my two. But them you need to wean them off each other! But it works well.

Congrats on the show!

She's stunning!! Congrats on her wins!

I prefer the look she has, as a youngster, over the stockier foals, myself.

Your filly will be "knocking 'em dead" in the show ring for years to come, she'll only get better, IMO!
wub.gif

Hey Liz,

Bad pics of a drop dead gorgeous filly. As nice as people here think she is, she is much nicer in person. I was impressed with her when she showed.

Hi,

She looks good, though you're right, they're not the best pics. Can't wait to see this weekend's!

I see what you mean about her neck, but as she matures it might change or become even less noticable.

She sure is a nice filly, though! Wow.. Lailah and Falcon were a GOOD cross. I wonder how Lailah and Incredible will do?

Kari

Liz! She is one who is just getting better and better as she grows! How absolutely lovely.

I agree with Kathi! Having seen her in person at the show the pictures, while nice, do not do her justice. She has such presence already at her age that I'm sure she will do well for you in the future! Liz, it was nice meeting you at CP, thanks for showing me your cart!

No....after seeing her in person, the photos don't do her justice.

And I agree with Lyn, in that she is one that will fill out and knock the sox off those cute stockier fillies that won as weanlings but won't be so well put together as yearlings and two-year olds.....and she'll be doing great!

MA

Thanks, everyone, for the kind compliments on her.

I think she's pretty special, and all the more so since her grandmother died recently.

I waited a long time to get her momma and she's been everything I could hope for.

Karla, she IS maybe just a little thin, but more than anything, she is what I call very refined/light boned. I can just barely feel her ribs, so I am increasing her feed a bit.

smile.gif

Liz M.

She is very beautiful! And I love that rich color, I wonder what you call that color? I'll bet you'll have fun with her!

She's beautiful Liz!
aktion033.gif
I see only a gorgeous, very refined, Miniature who will only get better with age!
yes.gif

Latest posts

Back