My 2 yr old colt - please critique

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverstar

Reaction score
Hi, im fairly new to minis and would love you all to have a look at my two year old colt and see what you think???

If you can let me know your opinions and where and what we need to work on and how we can improve???

He is not very clean, and ive not sorted the forelock out yet!!!!! And he's stretched too far in the second pic!!

Thanks!!!!

easter022.jpg

easter027.jpg

He's looking pretty good!
default_yes.gif
Love his color. I'm not great at critiques, hopefully you can get some of the 'experts' to respond but I think maybe put a neck sweat on him?

You have a very handsome boy! The forelock's cute haha.

Overall I would say this is a nicely put together little horse, a bit stocky for what is fashionable in the show ring today but not badly put together. Nice body with good thickness through the waist. Good angles overall, fetlocks match hooves and are a decent length, nice round croup although a bit steep, and good back but a bit heavy in the shoulder which, coupled with his somewhat thick throatlatch and, as with a lot of Minis, his slightly too large but not unattractive head, will make him a bit front end heavy and he may tend to lean on the bit when being driven. That long shoulder should give him a bit of reach though and his neck ties in well, add that to his back end and with correct work you should be able to overcome that tendency to be front end heavy. Very pretty colour, healthy appearance of his coat and overall fitness - nice little horse!

Overall I would say this is a nicely put together little horse, a bit stocky for what is fashionable in the show ring today but not badly put together. Nice body with good thickness through the waist. Good angles overall, fetlocks match hooves and are a decent length, nice round croup although a bit steep, and good back but a bit heavy in the shoulder which, coupled with his somewhat thick throatlatch and, as with a lot of Minis, his slightly too large but not unattractive head, will make him a bit front end heavy and he may tend to lean on the bit when being driven. That long shoulder should give him a bit of reach though and his neck ties in well, add that to his back end and with correct work you should be able to overcome that tendency to be front end heavy. Very pretty colour, healthy appearance of his coat and overall fitness - nice little horse!

Thanks!! Forgot to add i am in England so i get the impression we get minis alittle stockier over here!!! We have different classes to cater for that, do you in the USA???

I was feeding him from a hayrack and thought his neck was getting too under heavy so we changed to feeding off the floor.

If anyone else feels free to comment please do

Im not an expert either on critiquing, but I LOVE his dapples
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Those dapples look like a galaxy or something. So vibrant. Healthy, healthy looking boy. Wow!

Latest posts

Back