My 1st Professional Photo Shoot

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SampleMM

Reaction score
Hi Everybody.
default_saludando.gif
I've been very busy here in Corry, PA. I was asked to take photos at our high school Christmas dance. I had absolutely no backgrounds, lights, set stuff etc. so I had to figure it out and purchase everything. I had two weeks to figure this all out. I've been so stressed that I was waking up in the middle of the night, ready to throw up. I swear, I've lost 1/4 of my hair. Anyways, I'm only uploading one photo as they are all alike only different children. If you were the parents of these two children would you be happy with this? I'm only charging $5.00 for a 5X7 and any profit is going to the school for future dances such as the prom.

DSC_1223.jpg

DSC_1219.jpg

Thought I'd show you one of the many groups too.

Last edited by a moderator:
MOST DEFINITELY I'd be happy with those photos and especially for $5 for a 5"x7"!! GREAT JOB!

EDITED TO ADD: One thing I did notice that is not a big deal, but something to keep in mind in the future....you want "perfection" or as close as you can get to it, so in this case, you could have turned the gift closest to the right to the other side so the taped end was not showing. Just woukld have made it a hair more "perfect".
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats, that is sure worth $5.00 Great Job and so nice for taking your time to help out your school.

Absolutely! You did a fantastic job on the background, very pretty

I think they are great, Debbie!

Thanks girls and I did notice that tape Mona. I can't wrap and my mom taped the packages for me. I wish she would have used "my" tape because it was the invisible kind but she insisted on using hers. Trust me, I caught that too.
default_yes.gif

Thank you all for the kind words. Kathryn, if you were closer I would love to photograph your corgis........that would be fun. I think I enjoy taking photos of horses/dogs/cats and other critters more than people. Now, that it's over I can say that I enjoyed it but it was stressful. Miniv, you are right. We priced it at $5.00 so that the kids could afford them. Our area is hurting economically like many others. I also told the kids that if anyone can't afford the print that I would send them a high resolution one for free. I guess I won't be making a lot of money on my photography.......hmmm, kinda reminds me of my horse venture.
default_wink.png

Very nice. If the tape bothers you that much you could probably edit the photos by cloning the tape out.

Very nice! Infact, they are nicer than ALL of my school dance pictures, including my prom pictures, which was only 6 years ago. (only, LOL I feel like im 85 years old some days)

If I were you, I would even bump the price up a little bit. I know I never paid less than $7 for a 5x7, I believe is was $10 for a 5x7 or $15 for 2 5x7's. You could also buy packages, spending anywhere from the $15 for 2 5x7's to up to around $80 for packs including an 8x10, 5x7's, and wallets

Wow, thanks everybody........I really appreciate all of your input.
default_yes.gif

Very nice and so reasonable. It's good to start out giving a good deal until your name gets out there.

What pretty dresses they have these days for young ladies
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back