My 1st and only foal of '08 is finally here

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bannerminis

Reaction score
I have a little Chestnut Colt
default_biggrin.png

Slaney foaled at 1.40 am although I was watching her all night but then when she "thought" we had gone to bed she upped her game
default_rolleyes.gif
Once I saw her rolling and then the leg shaking with the contractions out I sprung and by the time I had got out, turned on the light he was just out - still in the sack to had to tear it open. Uneventful really but still if I hadnt been there I dont think he would have gotten out by himself.

Have been thinking of names and they go as follows and which would be your favourite.

Banners Red House Burning (Jimi Hendrix)

Banners Red Dawn (movie and song)

Banners Little Red Corvette (Prince)

He had a cannon bone measurement of just under 8" and height although will do it again this morning of c. 21" to the wither so will be around 33" - 34" in height to the wither (we measure to the wither here).

He is a fab red colour just like his dad and is all legs
default_biggrin.png

Here he is just minutes old - will post some better ones today now he is nice and dry
default_smile.png

2008_0513genminis0001.jpg

2008_0513genminis0004.jpg

2008_0513genminis0009.jpg

Beautiful little colt. Congratulations!!

How bout:

Banners Red Alert (Basement Jaxx song)

Banners Red Sails - David Bowie

Banners Red Hot - Debbie Gibson

Banners Little Red Rooster - Rolling Stones (my favorite)

I also like Banners Red Dawn

Ok here he is all dried off and enjoying a bit of sun. I actually noticed a red stripe on his back so must try and get a pic of it as I am not sure if its a dorsal stripe or foal countershading. Mom has a dorsal stripe so that makes her a Dunalino and if he has one then he is a red dun.

2008_0513genminis0011.jpg

2008_0513genminis0016.jpg

Prince.jpg

Okay here is a pic of his back - Is it countershading or a dorsal stripe - I think countershading but then I am still new to all the colours
default_biggrin.png

Does anyone have a pic of a red dun and the dorsal stripe?

2008_0513genminis0018.jpg

2008_0513genminis0019.jpg

Aaawwww he's a cutie. Look at those legs!! Really nice boy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your little boy! He's adorable
default_wub.png

To me, that looks like countershading. A dorsal stripe is usually very dark and distinct, runs through the mane all the way to the tail.

Congrats!

Andrea

Latest posts

Back