Must I resort to highway robbery?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitney

Reaction score
I need orange cones. But I don't want to pay a ton for them. Does anyone have any cheap alternatives? Thanks for your help.

Thanks littlesteppers called them 12" 5.25 ea, 18" 5.75 ea, 28" 9.99 ea. 50.00 min order.

Any other homemade ideas?

Spraypaint some milk jugs??
unsure.gif
unsure.gif

I found the little mini cones that usually sell for about $7.00 in the mini catalogs at Walmart packed up with a tennis size ball...2 to a pack for less than $5.00. It was in the kiddie toy section of the store. Also someone had mentioned a while back that you can find them in the dollar stores as well.

GREAT IDEA! But I use more BLEACH than milk and the bleach bottles are taller I could fill them with pea rock still have some left from the 6 tons i shoveled this weekend.

Edited to add:

ANYONE HAVE ANY empty BLEACH BOTTLES SEND THEM MY WAY....................

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Sterling what kind of toy was it?

I LOVE the dollar store! I will have to go looking there.

It was in a package like say a badminton set? But it had a little tennis type of ball if I remember correctly inside with it. I think you set the ball on top of the cone and then hit it back and forth. Don't remember what the name of the game was tho.

I purchased 4 of the 6 inch size or maybe 8 inch, for 7.00 at big 5 sporting goods. Only because walmart was out of them. They had two kinds one was slotted, the other was solid. Of course they called them soccer cones but they work for me

Try Lowe's, Home Depot, a rental company (used damaged ones)

Buy a piece of flexible plastic from arts/crafts or hardware, cut the stuff, drill holes and make them.....

This forum ROCKS! I jumped on the phone to all our local dollar stores and GUESS WHAT? The one 10 minutes from me HAD THEM!

7" tall (4) PACK 1.00 they have holes in the bottom to mount them on wood (I already have the wood cut the right size at home left over from stall making 8"X8"X2"tall)

I am going to cut slits in the tops of them (idea from website littlesteppers posted) to slide plexiglass squares with dressage letters stenciled on them. I could probably make them 5"x5" so overall height will be 14" tall.

I cannot believe this a 14" cone with letters for under .50.

THANKS EVERYONE!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back