Murfee's teeth

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charmedlife

Reaction score
sad.gif
A few days,I told you all about my little rescued mare- Murfee. She is doing very well at present. I noticed she chews different than the other horses. I am not sure how to describe it though. How can I tell if she has legititmate teeth issues? I have to say AGAIN how much I love this forum. Murfee has the most uncaring,dejected,unemotional eyes and stance. I just want to make her care again.to have a good horse laugh. Has anyone else dealt with emotional issues of this nature, how to handle this? Thanks so much. Ramona F

Hi ramona

With patientce and good nutrition and vet care she will pull thru. Our latest round of rescues here were also depressed when we took them in though not physically in as bad a shape as yours. They are now acting like happy horses in just one month.

When you pull up her lip her teeth should meet evenly. If they are back or too far forward then her bite is off and she will have trouble chewing properly. If this is the case you need to get a veternarian or equine dentist to work on her and help straighten her out as much as possible.

kaykay said:
Hi ramona
With patientce and good nutrition and vet care she will pull thru. Our latest round of rescues here were also depressed when we took them in though not physically in as bad a shape as yours. They are now acting like happy horses in just one month.

When you pull up her lip her teeth should meet evenly. If they are back or too far forward then her bite is off and she will have trouble chewing properly. If this is the case you need to get a veternarian or equine dentist to work on her and help straighten her out as much as possible.
Thank-you so much for this information. I also wondered how I can view the minis you have currently for adoption. Thanks Ramona

hi

i just adopted out all the ones here at my farm today and we adopted out the ones at martys but unfortuantely there will be more i feel sure

The most sorrowful look in the world is 'that' look. The 'I just don't care anymore' look. It's enough to break your heart if you ever have the misfortune to see it. It's something you can not turn away from because you know deep-down inside, they don't really mean it. They want so bad for someone to care, someone to stop for a moment and love them... but they've given up on it ever happening.

Your sweet mare will believe again, thanks to you. When it happens it will make your soul soar. Nothing compares to the moment when they realize you love them, and I really think their love is a million times deeper for your gift.

Bless your heart.

If you could afford it...perhaps have our own dear Bonnie talk with her. "I believe!"

CountryHaven said:
The most sorrowful look in the world is 'that' look. The 'I just don't care anymore' look. It's enough to break your heart if you ever have the misfortune to see it. It's something you can not turn away from because you know deep-down inside, they don't really mean it. They want so bad for someone to care, someone to stop for a moment and love them... but they've given up on it ever happening.
Your sweet mare will believe again, thanks to you. When it happens it will make your soul soar. Nothing compares to the moment when they realize you love them, and I really think their love is a million times deeper for your gift.

Bless your heart.
I spent good ,quality time with her today! I removed many burrs from her mane and tail and brushed it until it was free of tangles. I brushed her until her coat took it on a pretty (almost)shine.I gave her some treats and just petted her while she grazed on sweet,tender grass. I can't wait until she perks up her little ears and runs to meet me and her family. Ramona

I had this problem with a gelding I brought back from a far from ideal home. He had always been fairly treated from birth ( I bred him) and had always thrown himself heart and soul into everything that he did. The people that bought him from me were the very best. When he was outgrown they would not sell him but loaned him out to a family . Someone in the Pony Club alerted them to a problem- the horse was starting to stop at his fences and the Mother was talking of using spurs on him. Bear in mind that this is a 12.2hh pony and he was jumping a 2ft 9ins course clear, so they decided he could do 3ft!! My friend went to look at him and took me with her. She had not visited him much 'at home' because she saw him regularly at shows. One look at his eyes and she went and got the trailer and we took him straight back to my place. I left him out in the field where he was born until the day he approached me. I left him completely alone on five acres (he had horse friends) and I went out every day. Have you ever read 'Smokey'?? One day he called to me, and that was it (well, when I finally stopped crying it was ) He'd come home, Oliver never looked back. His heart opened and he trusted again as if it had never happened. Just give your little girl time, she has a bit further to go, but, with your love, she'll get there. Oliver was harness trained and is still living with my friend, he has never, ever been lent out again, and he will die with her. He is now 18 years old and teaching her 'surprise' to ride at five years old (she's been on him since before she could walk)

Latest posts

Back