Quantcast

MUD !!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

Reaction score
hi everyone and a merry Christmas!!
I have a mini Shetland and lately our paddock has become a mud bath in places , and for some reason said mini loves nothing better than rolling and having great fun turning himself in to a mud monster!! What do you all use too (A) stop the mud sticking too their legs and (B) prevent mud fever?

Attachments

Marsha Cassada

Reaction score
This can be a challenge with hairy fetlocks. If your pony is prone to this, try shaving just that area and perhaps use an antifungal cream rubbed in. I hate fungal surprises in the spring when I clip!
(Are your sure your pretty pony needs a blanket?)

Taz

Reaction score
Is he prone to mud fever? Mine are pretty hairy but I haven't ever found any mud fever, I think it depends on the individual. There are 2 arabs here that get it if they just look at the mud :rolleyes: You could use a soft curry to get it off after it dries or clip/cut some hair off to make your life easier but I don't think there's a way to keep it from sticking. Please let us know if you find something that does, it would make life easier 😊

Reaction score
This can be a challenge with hairy fetlocks. If your pony is prone to this, try shaving just that area and perhaps use an antifungal cream rubbed in. I hate fungal surprises in the spring when I clip!
(Are your sure your pretty pony needs a blanket?)
Is he prone to mud fever? Mine are pretty hairy but I haven't ever found any mud fever, I think it depends on the individual. There are 2 arabs here that get it if they just look at the mud :rolleyes: You could use a soft curry to get it off after it dries or clip/cut some hair off to make your life easier but I don't think there's a way to keep it from sticking. Please let us know if you find something that does, it would make life easier 😊
touch wood no mud fever 🙏🏻 Few horses in next field over have it I was just wondering if anyone had any magical ideas lol x

Reactions: Taz

Latest posts