Mud Wrap..Dead Sea, Herbal Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helen

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had or done a mud wrap? My sister and I have decided we need to have spa days together, to beautify ourselves, which is going to take along time, LOL so I have been purchasing items to use. I have purchased some dead sea mud and was wondering about the proper way to use it. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you meaning a body mud wrap or just facial? I am going to assume body wrap. I had them done and first I showered, then soaked in an herbal/milk bath or sauna ( then rinsed) then got dried, layed out on a table with plastic down first, then towels, then they put the mud on ( it was warm) then they wrapped me in the towels and then the plastic. I steamed for about 15 minutes, may have been 10 LOL was SOOOOooooo relaxing. Then I rinsed and had a massage w/oil/lotion.

A body wrap is a heckova mess to do in the home, and you will need ooooooodles of mud. maybe up to a 1/2 gallon per. I would be happy with a nice long milk/honey soak then a parafin dip for my hands/feet, face mask and light massage.
default_wub.png
: During the soak putting on a deep hair conditioner would be nice too.

Have fun!!!!!

I just got off a cruise with some friends who had the seaweed mud wrap in the Spa. They LOVED it. I know they said they had the seaweed and mud stuff put all over them and then they were wrapped in a big cover like a cocoon. I can't see doing this at home, but what do I know. I would be too lazy to clean up the mess! :lol:

default_wacko.png
: If you're doing this at home put down a big tarp to control the mess.

I just got off a cruise with some friends who had the seaweed mud wrap in the Spa. They LOVED it. I know they said they had the seaweed and mud stuff put all over them and then they were wrapped in a big cover like a cocoon. I can't see doing this at home, but what do I know. I would be too lazy to clean up the mess! :lol:

Thanks for the information. When I do things, I tend to go a little overboard. I am a DINK (double income no kids) and have a room in my house set up as my craft/spa room. I purchased a massage table and almost every conceivable contraption to use on our spa days. LOL I just wasn't sure how to do the wraps and if the mud should dry on the body, which would be very cold, or if you can use a plastic wrap on the mud and then the towels. Well, I think this weekend we will do a body salt scrub, dead sea mud wrap, followed up with a body butter. Should be fun.

Latest posts

Back