Mucus plug and winking

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dee

Reaction score
When checking on my mare today I noticed a bit of discharge from her vulva and a tiny little bit on her tail. When I went to check the color of the inside of her vulva she "winked" at me...??? Lol actually made me jump! What does that mean??? I had just come from outside so was it my cold hands??

She came inside to her stall early today cause when checked on she was standing off away from her buddies. Once inside she was her old self and appetite is good as

always. She seems comfortable. She is huge...u can see pics on my last post of 'mares udder question'

It's a long story, but we do not know het breeding dates.

Rear end is mushy, holding tail up and I 'think' her vulva looks loose.

Last night she was up and laying down more them normal.

Any opinions?????

Yes, Watch her
default_rolleyes.gif

Sorry. Welcome to foaling season!
default_yes.gif

Lol we are going on 2 weeks of watching her on the cameras
default_smile.png
sleepless nights and so tired at work, but I love it!! Worth the wait. Think it's the plug? How long about till they normally foal after this?

Thank u so much for your help!!!

Could be very soon or a while yet. There is no normal so you just go by several indicators (udder, behavior, foal positon,looseness of muscles/tail/vulva, etc) Without a breed date and history of foaling behavior you may have no choice but some sleepless nights.

Lol we are going on 2 weeks of watching her on the cameras
default_smile.png
sleepless nights and so tired at work, but I love it!! Worth the wait. Think it's the plug? How long about till they normally foal after this?

Thank u so much for your help!!!
Our mare lost her plug two weeks ago today. Still no baby.

One of my mares when 10 days after losing her plug. All it is, is another sign that you are close. It's enough to drive a sober person to drink.

boy I have learned that! My girl didn't loose her plug or at least I didn't see it. Now my black mare that is due anytime when I check her vulva she is always winking at me. Like you I jumped as I thought she was going to spit at me
default_smile.png
It was too funny. glad I didnt' have the camera up as I literly jumped back when i was looking. Most would have gotten a good laugh at that
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back