Mt. Hope ohio horse/mini sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Mt. Hope ohio has a H.U.G.E horse/mini auction. They have it the 2'ed saturday of every month. We have been going there every month for the past 6 month. They on average have allot of horses and allot of ponys and mini's. Its where i got mine. They sell registerd and nonregistred. And being that its in Amish country ...registered horses are not sold for a HIGH amount of money. Bc they want them for buggys and dont care if there registerd. Most are registered though. They have every kind of horse you can imagine.

They start auctioning at around 8am and go untill around 7pm. Here is the order they auction in

Draft ponies ...Draft Horses ...Buggy horses ...Riding Horses ...Mares w/ colt ...Race horses/Buggy race horses ...and then at around 6pm they start auctioning pony's and mini's. They have allot of AMHA registered ones which have a good show recored that go for about 700-1,300 dollars.

Also its a good place to go watch them run the horses in the buggys (usually the race ones). I usually watch that for a couple hours while im waiting for them to sell the ones me and my father are interested in. If anyone is interested i can write down the directions which i dont remember right off the top of my head at the moment ..but i would be willing to have my father write them down.

I used to go to Randy Hackworths sale in Wapakoneta, but haven`t been there in a long while.

I don`t have much respect for the Amish...so I know I will not come to their sales.
thumbdown.gif

Randy Hackworth is my unkle .....thats freaky. He lives in Finley ohio. Is that the one your talking about? lol jw

Been there alot! If my sister gets tomorrow off we have planned on going. It is normally more packed than Sugar Creek and the horses run higher, especially the buggy ones that the Amish buy. Were you there when one of the Amish dudes flipped buggy and horse?

Fran

I thought it was the first and third Saturdays???

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not been to Sugar Creek in a long time. I dont remember what they went for down there.

I saw the amish guy flip the buggy and horse. My dad and i were standing right outside the kitchen door eating and i remember he was trying to hook him up and the horse jumped up and flipped it. It happened the first time or second time i was there. Is that the one you were talking about? It happened right behind the building by the cafeteria door.

Yes it is! My sister and I were out there. I felt so bad for them!

I got Oliver (in my avitar) at Sugar Creek for $200. I was there two Fridays ago and was going to bid on a mare and her colt but the others that were bidding was a couple with little kids. She needed groceries BAD. They both were white and the pair went for $500. A couple of geldings went for $250 (I think) a piece. They are cheaper down there. Not as many people go down there so prices stay low. They have their sales every Friday. It is harder for my sister to get Fridays off but we like to go there and out bid the "meat men." The guy in the ring (Baker, he is a meat man) is a loud mouth and will start his horses with a higher bid than he does the others. We normally watch who is bidding and buy that way.

Hope to see you there some time!

Fran

Go down 39 towards 77. Turn left onto Broadway (Broadway only turns one way) and you will run right into their sales yard.

Back