Mt. Airy Sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeniemac

Reaction score
Does any one have the sale prices of the Mt. Airy sale in NC this afternoon?

I know they went pretty cheap..colts 75-150...amha...would go over..cremello mare bid at 175 and was no sold..they wanted 300..nice ones went pretty good from what i was told.i would like to see prices also.

Silver Meadows Skywalker appaloosa World Champion color and Reserve World Champion halter-weanling (12 years old)-$850. Another National Champ (20 year old loud pinto) - 500 NS son of LTDs Magic Man. Most went for 300-200, I left half way thru. Mare/ foal combo $500.

We went and had decided beforehand not to buy anything.-did not even take a trailer...BUT....the prices were so cheap and I found two bred mares I really could not resist buying. Sooooo... we had to bum a trailer ride home for our new purchases.... Friends bought a gorgeous mare/filly combo at a giveaway price. I am very happy with my purchases.

Yes the prices were low. They have been that way for years- no surprises there. There were some I would not have taken home if given away to me regardless of how "great" they were supposed to be- but even they still bought an okay price all things considered. The unregistered mares brought a really good price so maybe that is something new.. my daughter wanted one but they went higher than some very nice registered horses- go figure.

Auctions are auctions...you never know. I took advantage of the bargains to be had. I wasn't a seller there-never have been- but I have gotten some great deals over the years when I have bought.

I don't know what lot she was but does anyone know who bought RFM Boy Blues Wish Upon A Star? I bred her to our stallion and sold her back to her breeder, saw her listed in the catalog and I've got info on how she acts during labor that I could pass on if interested. Just trying to be helpful.

I bought one mare...i think she was one of the highest..then my tranport fell through..blah...we are off to get her tomorrow..the ltd stallion would have been a great addition if i had the room...

Latest posts

Back