Moving to Maryland

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I haven't posted in a while since I decided to put off getting a mini because I knew we would be moving soon. I will be moving to the Baltimore area in December and am wondering if anyone knows of any mini farms around the area? Also, if anyone is from the area I would love to know more about it! I have never lived so close to a big city and am a little nervous! Thanks!

Hi, I live in Southern Maryland, so far in the boonies that the Washington Post once called us a third world country. Don't really know much about the Baltimore are, since MY only experience with that are has been BWI airport, and the inner harbor that has several nice restaraunts and an aquarium. I've been told though to stay out of the inner city, so take that with a grain of salt. If you check here in the breeders conect section go to Md. There are several of us, and lots more on Eastern Shore.

Hello, My aunt just moved to Indiana from Baltimore. Its nice to a point. I know she checked into pasture boarding 1 full size horse and was looking at $600! In Indy its $50 and up. I dont know any mini farms there but I do know the city there are some crazy drivers! She used to fly me in monthly to babysit.

Hi !

Welcome to the area !

There is a mini farm in Leesburg, Virginia... not far from you!

http://dundeeminiaturehorses.com/

They are Wonderful people, the minis are all UTD on everything.. well cared for and socialized
default_smile.png
)

I highly recomend !

~Sandy

I moved to VA last year... still learning about the area.

But I have to agree.. board is super spendy and most places, won't reduce the cost for a mini.

Know there are a few farms about... will have to see if I can find the links.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I found a couple mini farms through the small horse connect site that are fairly close, It will still be a little while before I get a mini since I have to get settled first but I can finally start seriously thinking about it! We are moving because my boyfriend got a job with Baltimore City Police. Thanks for the Dundee Miniatures website. They have some beautiful minis!

RHA (Rocking Horse Acres) is in Maryland. Home of some fantastic horses owned by Robert and Pamela Walsh. Also the home of RHA Training with James Walsh. Also I think Reece Family Miniatures is in Marlyland. Both have very nice horses and are great people.

I can't help you with the boarding but wanted to welcome you! please feel free to send me a private email if you have any other questions. i live in a county north of Baltimore.

Hi - best of luck in your move to Maryland. We're here - in Southern Maryland - Amish country. We welcome visitors, no obligation and no pressure - just plenty of soft nose kisses and some trying to get in your lap Lots to see - just about 100 miniatures among 100 beautiful acres. Pigmy goats and rabbits also.

You'll enjoy your country drive in scenic Southern Maryland. Lots of history has been made here. Would love to have you!

Check us out at www.whitetailminis.com

Hello, I am in Levels, WV up near Western MD. I was born and raised for 15 years in Forest Hill, MD. It was about an hour from Baltimore and was really nice there but has changed a lot since then. I am a small breeding farm and also train a lot of horses to drive and sell driving horses.

Back