Movies that make you cry?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockRiverTiff

Reaction score
Not to be a downer this morning, but I need to reassure myself that I'm not the only goober on here. Normally I'm not much of a crier, but we put a Disney movie in last night and a preview for the remastered Dumbo came on. Does anyone remember the scene where they lock up his mom for protecting him, and he goes to see her and she puts her trunk through the bars to hold him? And then there's the song (Baby of Mine)... Well I went from singing along to crying so fast that Mo was genuinely concerned. He even put a note on the movie box to fast forward through that commercial.
default_blush.png

So what're your "good cry" movies?

Okay, reading your description teared me up so I'm a fellow goober.

It would possibly be easier to say what movies will not tear me up. If there is a sad scene, or a very emotional one, I am at the least blinking back tears.

Sweet November!

I do not dare watch this movie with anybody else around. I am a blubbering idiot by the end of this movie.
default_biggrin.png

Im such a cry baby I cry at every thing... sad and happy tears...Im such a sap!!

Old movie...National Velvet

T.V. usually anytime I watch Animal Planet.... Houston Animal Police.....geeze I like Texas but whats up w/some people that own animals in Houston

Dang, now. I started tearing up with you describing the scene.

I am a huge crier at most movies now. Guess its old age. But the ones that get me the most is anything with Lassie in it. I just watched Lassie Come Home not long ago and still teared up.

Steel Magnolias, how can you not cry over that one. And laugh and smlie and cry some more.

But I am even worse with songs. Just not going there now.
default_no.gif

Count me in as one of your fellow goobers too then. One I can think of off the top of my head is the Notebook. Another one was at the movie theater last year when we went and saw the movie about the the Mountain Meadows historical saga, September Dawn with Jon Voight. Where Brigham Young was accused of the Mormon massacre. The events leading up to that day the way it happened and all.....omg Icried at the drop of a hat like a blubbering baby. So much so that by the time I left the theater I was still "hiccup-breathing". That was a very emotional movie for me. It felt as tho I was actually back in that time period .....a pioneer child, and seeing everything all over again. It felt so ....familiar.
default_sad.png

I also cry at heartwarming or sad dog or animal movies.
default_yes.gif
Fellow goobers unite!
default_laugh.png
default_xbud.gif

Yep, I am definitely a fellow goober! I cry at all kinds of movies, tv shows, books, pretty much anything! My husband can't believe how emotional I am sometimes!
default_smile.png

Fried Green Tomatoes

The Australian TV show McLeod's Daughters. At least through the third season. I haven't watched any past that season since I just don't think it will be the same without Claire.

Black Beauty. The "newer" version. OMG the scene where Beauty and Ginger meet up again in the city and then they are taking her body away. I tear up just thinking about it!

Goober here, too! I cry very easily at movies, TV, Hallmark commercials! Radio makes me bawl every time I watch! The Fox and the Hound gets me, too, mostly because I remember my sons crying when they watched it.

Gosh, looks like I'm in good company. I went to get coffee with my mom today and told her about the Dumbo incident, and she teared up just talking about it so I know where I get it from. But c'mon, who wouldn't tear up at this?

babymine.jpg

Black Beauty. The "newer" version. OMG the scene where Beauty and Ginger meet up again in the city and then they are taking her body away. I tear up just thinking about it!
I own that movie, and I can barely watch it because I have to snork my way through it! Actually, all of the movies listed are excellent. I'm going to have to watch a comedy tonight just to restore the balance.

Ah The Notebook just kills me, pass the tissue. I also cried at Old Yellow, and the movie with Tom Hanks where Hooch gets killed at the end. There are a lot of movies that come on Lifetime that I will be up at 1am crying my eyes out. On a positive note it is a good stress relief to be able to watch a good movie and cry your eyes out.

Black beauty for me too also
default_crybaby.gif
, didnt help I was pregnant at the time, Hormone meltdown!

Last edited by a moderator:
A Walk to Remember, The Notebook and Brokeback Mountain all leave me in tears for different reasons.

If it has a hint of "sad" in it I am a blubbering fool. My daughter is the same way, she even cries over the Humane Society's commercial
default_sad.png

Where The Red Fern Grows. I so love that movie! It is my favorite tear jerker.

I cry alot over movies.

The Notebook - I could watch this movie over and over and I cry everytime.

Premonition

City of Angels

Titanic

Pearl Harbor

Love Story

Brians Song - I bawl just awful over this old flick.

I just watched P.S. I love you with my daughter and I cried.

I'm sure there are many more, but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head right now.

Latest posts

Back