Mouse in the House

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I say snap traps. My mom puts out the rat pellets but she dont have pets. Told her the other day she better check out hte laundry room as it smells suspicious of decaying rodents.

She put out a box and it was gone in a few days.

Fabric softner sheets work too. I fill my storage shed with them and no mice

The electric plug in zappers work like a charm! Don't really know the science behind them but believe it has something to do with electromagnetic field. They don't kill, they just make them leave. They do not bother small pets. We bought them at Lowe's or the hardware store. Seems like the package of 3 were about $24. They not only repel mice but also spiders and bugs.

I haven't had any luck with the plug in thingies either...my mice must be immune to just about everything except good old fashioned poison.

I caught two yesterday in a sticky trap. There was some feces and I was afraid the vacuum would stir up fecal dust, so I just held my breath and swept it up. When I go to town this week, I'll ask at the feed store, farm supply, about that cab freash, and look into the electronic plug ins as well.

We also have the electronice thing and it does not work for us. I do keep it plugged in anyway, but we do still get mice being caught in the traps, which I keep set in various locations 365 days a year!

Ahhh, yes! Cooler temps and the mice MOVE IN ---- I've had 9 in past month, sure to be more.

The sticky traps work (although some will by pass them!) and I can hear them squealing when on them. I them put the whole thing into a plastic and stick it to the stuff and they soon suffocate. OK, mean but stay out of house. My min-pin is a huge chaser if they are running about. She has caught some
default_smile.png

I've used moth balls, hear peppermint not liked by them -- most strong odors, actually -- and you just have to keep at them. They reproduce so easily and quickly, it's really tough but -- we try. LOL IMO better than a snake...........I hate snakes!!!!

This is like our "warning" that winter is just around the corner. Right?

Latest posts

Back