Most economical fencing?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJohnston65

Reaction score
I will be installing fencing soon and still undecided about which material to use. I know for sure I won’t use electrical. My area is about 150 ft x 150 ft for two minis. I’d like to split that area so one side is pasture and the other a dry lot. In the Midwest my best options for buying the material will be Tractor Supply and/or Rural King. Priority one is safety and next is cost. I need to keep the expense down as much as I can. What would you recommend, and if you’d share a photo of your fences, it’d be greatly appreciated. TIA

I installed fencing when I first brought our property. Learnt very quickly that minis will roll and lean on anything , so I had to install electric tape. Now, I wouldn't waste my money on fencing if I wasnt prepared to put up electric tape to protect it.

You know that saying "the grass is greener on the other side"

I got mine at tractor supply.I don't remember the brand name but it is what we in western Ky call woven wire.I've never had any problem with my minis getting out. We have 6 grand kids ages 7 years to 6 months so We don't use electric wire. Best I remember it was $120 +/- a little for a 100ft roll. I put my post 12' apart

I used Tractor Supply fencing too. The wire mesh. It may be called "No Climb" but I can't remember. We set our fence posts (4x4s) eight feet apart and ran a board along the top!(1x3s maybe) and the bottom nailed to the fence wire to!stabilize the fence. THEN we hot taped it. The key is hot tape. I do not have to use it often, just as a reminder once in!a while.
Sorry for!the !. It is a computer glitch.

Latest posts

Back