Mosquetoes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RnRs Lilnickers

Reaction score
What is the best thing you have found for mosquetoes? Does anyone use a fogger? are they save to use around the horses? What about around the yard the horses are next to?

I stocked up with Muskol spray on Friday--it's the best I've found & goes the furthest of any of the repellants, just because it sprays in such a fine mist. I was hoping I wouldn't need to use it for at least a few days yet, but the mosquitoes came out with a vengeance Friday night. THe horses couldn't even go out to eat their hay, and when I came out with the spray some of them crowded around me, each wanting to be the first one sprayed. Once they got sprayed they happily went out to eat; I find the spray gives them some relief right through the night, as long as it doesn't rain.

We have not had many mosquitoes here yet. Is there a time during the summer when they are worse? I noticed that our bats are back and I think that has helped.

Also I love the Mosquito dunks from Arbico. I get the pellets and spread them where ever we have standing water, like today. My did it rain alot this weekend.

Emma

Latest posts

Back