More Prayers for Ethan

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Us N Texas

Reaction score
Yesterday, Ethan's Mom was talking to him, he took two gasping breaths and quit breathing. She immediately called the nurses, and they shooed her out of the room. For over an hour and a half, she didn't know how her baby boy was doing. They took him to ICU, and she sat in the hallway with her and Ethan's belongings, waiting to hear about him. He has had several procedures done this past few days, PIC, dialysis, blood transfusions, and etc. Ethan's little body just got tired. The last thing I heard was that they had given him lots of pain medication, and basically they were trying to keep him asleep and quiet to rest his tired little body. This morning, Ethan's older sister Emily, was crying, had a terrible breath and diarrhea, and she was going to the Dr. to be tested for E-Coli as well. I am praying she doesn't have it. This poor young mother! She was holding up fine till yesterday, but now has basically fallen apart, and is in shock. They all need our continued prayers. I will post again as soon as I hear real news, and not just so and so said.

default_new_shocked.gif
OH MY GOSH!! What that poor family must be going through! Sending prayers and HUGS for all of them.
default_pray.gif
:pray

Thoughts and prayers for Ethan and his family!!

Barbie

This breaks my heart. I hope Ethan can get his life back and very soon. This is so unfair.

I hope god will deal with the real evil people in the world and leave our babies alone to thrive and be healthy.
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
oh no, praying she doesn't have it also. do they know where they may have come in contact with it?

I will add this post, and hope I am not just jumping to conclusions. After Emily's test for E-Coli came back negative late last night, (she was diagnosed with tonsillitis), the Dr. in Dallas wants tests repeated in two days, but does not want Emily to have any meds of any kind. Ethan was diagnosed as having strep, and a sinus infection on Monday, got worse, was taken to ER on Wednesday and was diagnosed with E-Coli then. It is my opinion, after adding two plus two, (hopefully not coming up with 8), that Ethan's medications possibly ate all the good bacteria, and left the bad to do it's damage. Much as the same as our minis. This was not told to me directly, but was, after all I have heard from Grandma, the conclusion I have come to. His mom is in the kind of shock that we go into when one of ours is terribly sick and could possibly die. My heart goes out to her, as I know and have experienced that feeling of being alive but not living with my own family in times of extreme crisis.

Oh my, I must have missed the original thread.......but I will keep them all in my prayers....
default_pray.gif

Krystal called me yesterday and said Ethan is still in ICU, but appears to be doing better. They are now trying to wean him from all the machinery, and as soon as that happens, he will be back in a regular room. She said his Dr. was surprised that he was doing so well as bad as his case was, and she said he had people all over the world praying for him. The Dr. told her that was what had helped him so much, as he was a believer in prayer.

Emily did have E-Coli. Her pediatrician reported after he did the quick test, she did not, but when repeating the old slower test, it did show up. He wanted to give her antibiotics for her sore throat, but Ethan's Dr. in Dallas called him and told him that she should not have antibiotics, as this is what had happened to Ethan. Had he not had antibiotics, he probably would have worked the virus through his body naturally, and would not have been so severe. The antibiotics caused all the problems. Yesterday, Emily was to have another blood test to see if she was better yet, but her Grandma told me all the blisters in her throat were gone, she was bright, alert, and chipper. Emily told me herself that her "other thumb" was going to the Dr. this afternoon, and then, she would get to go to Chuck-e-Cheese, get a coke and tokens and play games. She sounded her old self, I am pleased to report.

Krystal sounded so much better on the phone too. She said Ethan would probably be in the hospital for a month after he got out of ICU, as his kidneys still do not work, but she was happy to stay there as long as her little guy was making progress, and was not going to die, as they had told her when he quit breathing!

Thanks for all the prayers, and if you could, ask for Ethan to have a fast healing experience!

Thank you for updating. I am so happy to hear of the improvements and that sis didn't get as ill as little Ethan!

I am so glad to read that Ethan is doing better, and it sounds like his sister will

be okay too. I am so sorry for this family to have such a scare with Ethan and

then his sister. How so horrible. I am keeping them in my prayers too.

The power of prayer is so awesome. Thank the Good Lord we can pray and

get them answered.

Prayers and Hugs to this family

Vicky

Latest posts

Back