MORE PICS OF MASK!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MASKedmini

Reaction score
Had a great weekend with mask, hes such a great little guy. I had time to give him a bath, work with him a little bit and then piant the horse trailer. He will be exellent in trail classes because he ferars nothing, quick sniff then go! i heard that i have to make him pivot (he wont do it) in halter or showmanship do i? how can i teach him to pivot?i have heard of liberty classes but just that you turn your horse lose to music and have a 2 min time limit to catch him at the end.. does he have to know a routine and do it exactly , or do they just judge him on his gait trot, walk , run etc? sorry to ask so many questions just want to learn this stuff. Gettintg excited about the show its this sunday!!!!

btw please tell me what you think of these pics(i still need to clip him)

missy

mask7.jpg

mask6.jpg

mask5.jpg

mask3.jpg

mask2_154130.jpg

mask1.jpg

jump2.jpg

jump1.jpg

Hug.jpg

Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

What wonderful photos! So much love from him to you and VS. He does have heart and loves to work for you.

Good luck with him!

Beth

Great pictures! I don't know anything about showing, so not much help there, but you guys look great together!
wub.gif

I went to my first AMHR show a few weeks ago and in the trail class the horses had to side pass along a pole, then pivot on their hindquarters, then sidepass along another pole. few of the horses actually did a pivot...

jennifer
saludando.gif

What a great bunch of photos! He has some long legs on him! I saw his ad when he was for sale, glad to see he found a good home, looks like you two have a good time together!

What an awesome little boy!!! Those pics are wonderful!! You are so lucky to have found each other, just looking at the pics alone you can tell that both of you are a match made in heaven. That last pic is just precious!
wub.gif

God luck at your show this weekend and I'm so excited for you guys!! Please let us know how you make out...go out there and have fun which is the most important thing....you both look great together!
aktion033.gif

Hi, very cute pictures. I've done showmanship in AQHA and APHA and this worked for them.

When your first teaching him hold his head up so that his weight is on his back end. You have to teach him to pick up his shoulder and cross one front foot over the other so hold his head up with one hand and push his shoulder in the direction you want to go with the other. When he moves off of the pressure from your hand stop. Eventually you will get to the point where you wont have to push and you can just occasionally pop his shoulder to remind him to pick it up. Also, the back foot on the inside of the turn needs to stay in place while the other takes small steps forward and around. Do do this pull forward every quarter of your turn. The pivot should be a forward motion not backward. That back(usually right) foot needs to stay planted. I hope this helps and isn't confusing. it's easier to watch rather than explain.

Ah, way to cute!! Thanks for sharing!

No, you dont have to pivot in halter, but you will in showmanship.

For liberty, no, he doesnt need to know a pattern, just let him run...they judge on his gaits. He will be loose for 2 minutes, then you get 2 minutes to catch him (less time the better). He should trot and canter 50/50...so they can see both gaits. and DONT let him walk.. you will get marked down for that. Good luck! Let us know how he does!!

-Kris

You can check out my website for training tips, and how to show a horse in general. Plus if you have any specific questions, feel free to e-mail me and I will help you the best I can.

Yes, you will need to know how to pivot a horse for showmanship and obstacle((trail))

At our shows this year, we have needed to know how to do a back pivot, and a front pivot. I was so happy because there were only 2 horses that could do both, mine and Mini_Bres geling Magic!

You can check out my website for training tips, and how to show a horse in general. Plus if you have any specific questions, feel free to e-mail me and I will help you the best I can.

Yes, you will need to know how to pivot a horse for showmanship and obstacle((trail))

At our shows this year, we have needed to know how to do a back pivot, and a front pivot. I was so happy because there were only 2 horses that could do both, mine and Mini_Bres geling Magic!

GREAT pictures!
yes.gif
From the looks of it....you two have really "bonded".
wub.gif
Bet Mask would do anything you ask of him! You'll do great!
aktion033.gif

Oh I agree, that last pic does indeed have Equusite written all over it!
smile.gif

Neat markings on your boy, good luck with him!

Latest posts

Back