More horse whoas...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feather1414

Reaction score
So I am moving about 40 min away- tomorrow actually, because with gas prices so high, I couldn't afford to keep driving up to school everyday.

The problem is that I still have Peanut and Dealer. I don't want to sell them, my parents want me to drive down twice a day to feed them (not happening) and now that I am paying rent and everything, I am not sure if I can afford boarding for my beasts.

Anyone want 2 geldings on a free lease for a year
default_smile.png
Lol.

Any ideas on what to do with them. I know selling is an option, but I just can't. They mean too much to me, and I just can't do it. I need to see Peanuts cute face every once in a while.

I am sorry you are faced with this decision. I know exactly where you are coming from because I too, am facing this very same situation
default_no.gif
I don't have any advice except for you to keep the horses best interest in mind. I will be done with the prereq courses for the dental hygiene program in about 6 months and at that time I will have to start commuting an hour and a half each way or rent a room 4 days out of the week. Either way, Melody is sure to feel neglected. As that time draws nearer I am going to have to figure out what is best for her. Good luck in whatever you decide.

Man, what a tough decision. If you lived closer you would be welcome to board them here for your food cost but I am a little high up in Alberta for that. I hope you find something to work out. Why can't your parents feed them? Or is there a 4H club close to you that might have a kid that could come look after them for you or lease them to use for a year? Something along those lines? Just a thought.

Oh Jamie, you know I see if we could take them in a heartbeat; if only we were closer.

I would notify 4-h clubs, your local miniature club, and also maybe even put up ads at the feedstore.. I know how you feel though, I could never get rid of my boys.
default_wub.png

I know this has to be a hard time for you. I hope you find a solution that is easy on your mind.

Have you asked people within your local area mini club(s) about either a free lease to a show family......or perhaps boarding?

Latest posts

Back