More good news and some sad news

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anoki

Reaction score
I entered Mate-r a week ago at a somewhat local show (only 1 1/2 hours away...) under a judge who used to breed cardigans. This was a specialty show for the Working & Herding Breeds. So, what the heck, lets see what another breeder thinks of Mate-r. He gave us a Herding Group 4!!!!! I was sooo excited!!! And you should see this rosette!!! It's HUGE!!! I think it's even bigger than the rosette I got for winning the National Specialty last year! LOL I already have it framed with my Group 4 from last month!
default_whistling.gif
And this picture I am VERY happy with...

Matergrp4-2.jpg

This past Friday night, the oldest corgi I had here crossed the rainbow bridge....

Ritchi retired here 5 years ago. He was imported from France as a puppy and sired many litters here in Canada. He was Moxie's sire and one of the most sweetest dogs. He made many people a fan of the breed. He would sit for hours by my grandmother's chair just waiting to get pats from her, he really missed her when she passed. 2 years ago this Oct, he was diagnosed with oral cancer. Due to the location, and how much it had already progressed, the prognosis was very poor. Surgery wasn't out of the question, but because of his age, the location of the growth, and his already poor health, it was not recommended. My vet suggested I treat the symptoms, saying it would give him the best quality of life for the stage he was at. So that was what we did. They gave me no time frame, but assured me it was the best thing for him. I can't believe he lived through the last 2 years with very little issues....and I know for certain had he not come here, he would have died many years ago....

The past week I noticed him starting to deteriorate pretty quickly, and following a seizure Friday evening, his body just couldn't keep going.....he was 13 years old.....we all miss him around here. His rooting under elbows for a scratch has been passed on to one of his granddaughters, as well as a great granddaughter.....

Can/Am CH Ritchi-Bubble-Gum de la Caverne des Anges

Ritchi3.jpg

~kathryn

Congrats on getting the rosette. I am very sorry for the loss of your special boy.

I am so sorry for your loss of Ritchi , it is never easy to say goodbye to a good friend . He was very lucky to have you in his life !

Congratulations on your Group Placement , very exciting ! Many more !

I am so sorry for your loss.Corgis really are enchanted little dogs.I also lost a Corgi(Pembroke)2 years ago to mouth cancer.She became unable to swallow her turkey meatballs that I had fed her for 2 months after the diagnosis.It is so difficult to watch them suffer.Again I am so sorry for your loss.

So sorry you lost Ritchie. It is so very difficult when we loose one of our family members. He was lucky to have you to take such good care of him the last 2 years of his life. We lost 2 of our dachshunds this past year and it just breaks your heart when they leave us.........

Congratulations on your show win! Your love of the breed will honor the memory of your sweet Ritchie!!

Love me some Mate-r
default_wub.png

What a grand boy Ritchi was. I'm so sorry for your loss
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So very very sorry for your loss. I lost my sweet rat terrier/chi mix, Peter, to a coyote attack a few weeks back, and it is heartbreaking. May your sweet boy be getting lots of pats and scratches over the rainbow bridge.

Congratulations on your win. That is a lovely picture:)

Thanks everyone! Mate-r's win was pretty exciting!!!

Still missing Ritchi around here....and every feeding, I go to grab his bowl to fill it
default_sad.png

~kathryn

Latest posts

Back