MooseMeadow Shetlands

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike,

I just went to your web page..you have that nice little pony stallion that was on the saleboard I was eyeballing! nice looking little guy!

Hillary

Mike,

I just went to your web page..you have that nice little pony stallion that was on the saleboard I was eyeballing! nice looking little guy!

Hillary
I liked him too, but his son listed for sale "golden ticket"
default_wub.png
wow I would love to have him in my barn!

He is a cute perky little guy isn't he! nice upright neck!
They are for sale.... Make me an offer as my wife says several have to go. The gray colt finished 3rd in the modern pleasure open class at Congress and his 1/2 sister was the modern pleasure runner up as a yearling. He was actually born palomino, has does that happen....? Anyway, he will be sold very reasonably if you are interested.

Mike

Hi mike,

Unless i'm missing something neither of the parents appeared to be grey (i'm assuming the mare in the picture with the colt is the dam). If that is the case the foal cannot be "grey". She doesn't appear to be silver either and the sire doesn't look like he is..he looks like a chocolate pali in that photo of him. has he changed colors since then?

Hi mike,

Unless i'm missing something neither of the parents appeared to be grey (i'm assuming the mare in the picture with the colt is the dam). If that is the case the foal cannot be "grey". She doesn't appear to be silver either and the sire doesn't look like he is..he looks like a chocolate pali in that photo of him. has he changed colors since then?
Dam is a buckskin pinto and sire is liver chestnut. I don't know what he is... He looks gray with a stark white mane and tail. His winter fur is gray but there looks to be a little gold in in there too. Strangest thing I have ever seen.

he probably just has heavy sabino. Which is white ticking (like my boy above) and it can vary from just minimal white hairs to a lot that can turn the horse mostly all white. As you can see my boys tail is all white and his mane is pretty white. you have to remember that he's a palimino which should have a white mane anyways. My guess is sabino but i'm not the best at colors. I just know that at least one parent must be grey to get a true "grey" offspring.

Hi All: I have always loved the Moose Meadow ponies. Rebecca can tell you that I whined and pleaded and begged for her to sell me To-A Te for years before I realized it wasn't ever gonna happen. We bought a Moose Meadow daughter several years ago. Moose Meadow Te-for-Two and like several of the Te offspring, her head is not her best feature :). But man, can that mare trot. Bred her twice, want to again, but haven't gotten around to it. I think there may be a picture of her on our website, but I honestly don't remember. This summer, when everyone is shed out, plan to take tons of pictures and update the site, so she'll get there eventually. She's definitely a Classic, but that trot is .... awesome. Ta, Shirlee

They are for sale.... Make me an offer as my wife says several have to go. The gray colt finished 3rd in the modern pleasure open class at Congress and his 1/2 sister was the modern pleasure runner up as a yearling. He was actually born palomino, has does that happen....? Anyway, he will be sold very reasonably if you are interested.

I would love to ad another pony, but alas I am a very broke college student :DOH!

lol i'd love to have that stallion but alas.. i'm poor too! lol they both sure are handsome critters!

Everybody has such pretty ponies!
default_biggrin.png
On the gray/palomino colt in question, it is possible for him to be silver black/dapple and that is what he looks to me. They can go through that stage of looking more palomino. How is it possible? Well, if sire is chestnut he can be carrying the silver gene and not showing it since he is red based not black based. The dam contributed her gene making the colt black based and the sire contributed the silver gene and there you have it, a silver black colt.
default_biggrin.png

opps i missed that the stallion was a "liver chestnut" he looked bay in the photo's at a glance. your right it could go through him
default_smile.png

It was interesting to see all the moose meadow info, my first pony was also a daughter of Moose Meadow Miss Missouri and I bought her after looking at all of the pretty ponies on the Moose Meadow site, she is expecting her first foal this spring, then of course added Miss Missouri who is a special lady here, and just love her babies that Jennifer and Andrea have too! Have 2 other ponies with Moose Meadow breeding, the one filly is plainer headed but then her dam who is not Moose Meadow breeding was also. Thanks for sharing the photos of your ponies!!!

As most of you know the core of their breeding was the mares they got from the Knight's sale. Arguably some of the best mares in the country. Miss America was one of those mares. I am very fortunate to own two mares out of Miss America and Knight's To A Te. I have to reduce my herd because I don't have time to keep up and have decided to sell Celebrity Girl. I called Rebecca to see if she wants her back and if she does not, she will be for sale. She is as good of a mare that you will find around. If anyone has an interest, send me an e-mail and I will discuss further.

Mike

Latest posts

Back