Mom

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBennettp

Reaction score
Mom is holding her own at this time. We know she hasn't more than a few days left but she is fairly stable right now. Her blood pressure and heart rate are good and her respirations are steady. Her body temperature has begun to drop and she isn't waking up as often but knows we are there when she does wake up.

We have been taking shifts staying with her. I was with her all day Wednesday, Wednesday night, and Thursday. My brother and sister in law stayed last night and my sister and brother in law are staying tonight. Billy and I will stay with her tomorrow night. All of us have been staying all day and are alternating the nights.

They moved her to what they call a comfort room which is on a floor where all the patients are terminal. There is a refrigerator, microwave, and sink in the room along with recliners and chairs. There is room for all of us to at least have a place to sit. There is also a room two doors down from her room where there is always a coffee pot going and a pop machine. There are frozen dinners, juices, etc available at the nurses station. They furnish towels, pillows, blankets, and anything else that we need. There is a private bath with shower in the room also.

The nurses are wonderful and are taking very good care of Mom and her needs as well as keeping us informed as to her condition and what it means.

They are keeping her out of pain and she is on oxygen only because it makes her more comfortable.

This is very hard but I know where she is going and I know she is ready. We are the ones that will feel the loss, she will be fine.

Thanks for all the prayers, it is taking all the strength that all of us have to keep going.

Mary

I am so sorry. It sounds like she is in a wonderful comforting place. That is wonderful. I am sorry it is so hard to watch. I went through it with my Mom and I don't think I will ever the same after it. I am glad she is not suffering and that you have family to help you take turns. I am sorry.

Mary please know that your mother is in my prayers for a comfortable journey home. Hugs dear friend while you stay at her side. I know how difficult it can be. I'm as close as the phone.

My heart is aching for you and your family. She is so lucky to have all of you with her. God Bless you all.

{{{{{Mary}}}}} I'm there with you in spirit. I hope you can feel my arms around you. I'm glad your mom is at peace and you all there with her.

I'm so sorry!
default_crybaby.gif

Mary, have been thinking about you, your mom and the rest of your family a lot. Sounds like she is in a wonderful place. She knows you are there for her. ((((HUGS)))) to all of you.

Barbie

I'm sorry. Thinking of you and your family during this difficult time.

Mary,

Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your extended family. I know how hard it is to lose one's Mom, mine passed 4 years ago.......not only do we grieve for those we lose, but we also grieve for those that are left behind. We know they are going on to a better place, and all we can do is feel blessed to have had them in our lives for the time we did, and to hope we meet up with them all again.

I am sorry you are all going through this. It sounds like a wonderful facility and nursing staff though and that makes so much difference. My Mom had a stroke and was only in the hospital for 12 hours, so we did not get to know the nurses well, but it sounds like yours are truly angels, which I tend to think nurses are anyway.

Hugs to you!

Valerie

Back