Molly & Immy update + pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

New_Image

Well...

Good news! A friend (The same friend I co-own the new rescue horse with) and I found a barn to rent and will be moving our 4 horses OUT OF THERE and into our own place!

We just happened to be riding by a house, and Image just happened to be bouncing in place refusing to move forward at this house, the owner of the house was on his tractor and said to feel free to use his riding arena anytime - they haven't had horses for five years there. We got to talking and ended up renting his gorgeous barn and two pastures plus very large well groomed out door sand arena for our horses.

I am SO excited! They should be out next weekend, we just need to find some hay.

I've completely had it with the boarding facility where we have them right now... We have been going out daily for the past several months to grain and water our horses ourselves. A few days ago the genius barn owner moved them to a new paddock but didn't have anything to tie the gate shut with, the thought never crossed her mind that it would take Image a matter of days to notice that... Molly and Image pushed threw the gate and busted into 50 pounds of corn, a bag of sweet feed and helped themselves to anything else they could find ALL NIGHT LONG! ...I'm sure you can imagine my kind words of response when I got the "your horses got out..." phone call. Somehow neither one colliced.

Needless to say our one months notice was turned in two weeks ago, and they should only have one more week until everything is set up - the barn I'm renting is only 5 miles away (2 miles from where they are currently boarded)

Anyways - here are pictures
default_smile.png
And hopefully when these guys are at our barn they will put on the pounds they could all use in no time!

Molly and her new buddy Pippa

PippaandMolly.jpg

5-18-08MollyTrot.jpg

Image (Who will be 3 in a month!)

5-16-08ImageHead.jpg

5-16-08ImageLeft.jpg

5-16-08MeImage2.jpg

5-16-08MeImage.jpg

Wackem - 3 weeks into proper feeding..

Wackemright51608.jpg

Wackemhead.jpg

Blackandwhitetrot.jpg

And one more of "Pippa" (Who is bred to a black tobiano stud for August)

PippaSaddle.jpg

Hey Leeana-

Artic Zip is my friends (Coowner on Wackem) mare, Pippa (Zippo Pine Bar granddaughter)

Were going in boarding and training together, we are taking half of the boarders from the barn were at with us
default_rolleyes.gif

Is it my imagination, or does Wackem already look a whole lot better than he did? (Man, that's a lotta horse!) He'll look better still when he finally gets done shedding!!

So in all honesty, can I send Peanut and Dealer up to you:)

Finding a place to keep them has been heck!!!

The last place told me $585 a month for one stall, and that the only way I could keep board down would be to work at $7.02 an hour for them, and doing my own feeding and cleaning would do nothing.

I keep looking at pics of Wackem' (nice name, i bet i know how he got it lol), it looks like he could step over that fence
default_new_shocked.gif

Molly
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif

I tell you, I just LOVE that mare and always have. I think she wants to retire here in OK!
default_yes.gif

That's great you found basically "your own" place. I hope it works out. Congrats!

Thanks guys
default_biggrin.png

Wackem COULD step over the fence, its a bit of a change going from riding my 14.3hh foundation QH to getting on a 17.1 hand Thoroughbred.

He is the sweetest horse in the world, The only thing he needs work on is taking the bit SOMEONE let him know he was tall (Lucky for him, so am I)
default_rolleyes.gif

He is kind of shy, like he was hit a lot, and hes the only horse I have who would never, ever need to be hit.

(Image on the other hand.....
default_new_shocked.gif
)

We trotted poles the other day with Wackem so I pointed him towards a smaller jump, he stepped over it - found him a bigger jump (2 feet, not big to him) and he convinced me he had previous training for jumping!
default_yes.gif

He does look so much better already, I told the owner of the barn "Its amazing what happens when you feed a horse!" Boy did I get GLARED at.

We'll be out of there in a week!

Sure Jamie - Send me peanut and dealer
default_biggrin.png
I do not envy you trying to find a decent boarding stable, I've gone threw three very un-decent places recently!

Latest posts

Back