Modest Holiday Decor

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Can't stop now (formerly Dragons Wish Farm)
Reaction score
Since we're in the midst of a move this Christmas, we've had to keep decor to a minimum. We've made a deal on the mobile home we currently own that includes a travel trailer. We'll be parking this on the property my husband bought for my Mothers' Day/birthday/Christmas etc. presents.

In the meantime, I started a small table top display.Here's a picture...let's see if those who play Secret Santa recognize anyone in the picture. I've been keeping him occupied here so he can't bother anyone. :)

IMG_20151211_204739.jpg

Please share your holiday decor pictures. The more the merrier as far as sharing!! I'm hoping Shelly (dixie_belle) will post a picture of her pretty little tree. It's so darn cute I'd pinch it's little cheeks!! If it had any that is. ;-)

Well, here is my decorated tree (as requested). We had so much sadness this past year I wasn't sure I would ever be in the spirit again so I donated every single decoration I owned. Just as well, starting over was fun. I bought this sad little 24 inch tree (for $3.50) and then decided to make all the decoration myself. I've had a ball making all sorts of felt ornaments. And all my friends and my kids have all requested special ones so I've been really busy. But here it is, in all its glory. (And I really like my little miniature donkey ornament..reminds me of my dear Festus).

Christmas ornaments 004.JPG

I bought a very old decrepit feather tree at an auction in June. I was able to get some appropriate feathers and refurbish it; it was a rather fun project. Didn't have any real Dresden ornaments for it so I made some out of Christmas cards. (I wrote the name of the sender on the back of the ornament so it can be a keepsake.)

feather tree.jpg

We haven't even got our tree yet.....I think Larry and I are cringing about setting it up because we have my kitten, plus two other young ones

that my daughter brought with her when she moved back in.......Our decorations are DOOMED. LOL.

We haven't even got our tree yet.....I think Larry and I are cringing about setting it up because we have my kitten, plus two other young ones

that my daughter brought with her when she moved back in.......Our decorations are DOOMED. LOL.
That is why I bought a little wall tree from Collections, Inc, for cheap. Finally got it out of the box and unrolled it, yep, it was rolled up. It doesn't look half bad on the wall, and this morning, I finally found the extension cord to plug in the lights on it. We have 5 house cats, 3 are mischievous, two are older and scroogy.

I can't post pics of our tree because it isn't up yet either. We did clean out the "room" (office" that it will be set up in. For the most part, that will keep all house animals off of it and keep gifts that are under it (hah - none received or really purchased/made yet) from being roughed up or destroyed,

I don't even really have pics of the out door lights - guess I'd best get out there and take some... Will post those pics tomorrow!

I did decorate both our places...in total I put up 5 trees. 4 at one place and just one at the other...we split our time equally between the places pretty much but are doing Christmas at camp so I decorated more there. I put outdoor lights up at both places but not heavily. Oh and I put those lazy people laser lights on the front of camp...they are pretty cool. I have nativities at both houses and some other little things...table center pieces, wreaths, etc. i have pictures but I forget how to do it from my iPad.

Me and the hubby have to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day so we are celebrating the Wednesday prior. Our work schedules are so screwy and with an hour drive each way it's just not possible to celebrate on Christmas. I guess I'll get to celebrate on the actual holiday when I retire...lol. Less than 4 years left.

Thanks for sharing your pics, I love looking at others decorations.

OK, lately Larry has been on a "lights" kick.

Here is our home with lights taken before 7 am this morning -

15dec17house065703.jpg

15dec17house065730.jpg

15dec17house065747.jpg

15dec17house065806.jpg

and our Christmas tree, just lights, not decorated yet...

15dec17house070025.jpg

Latest posts

Back