Modern Shetlands

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a few farms out that way that show Modern Pleasure and Modern. You can go to the AMHR website and look for members in your state or surrounding states. Also - if you can find a Hackney farm or Saddlebred farm - you can go visit them. They show close to what Modern Pleasures show and they use almost all the same grooming techniques we would.

We showed our Modern Pleasure mare for 2 years with no (halter and driving) shoes. She did very well especially since she was the very first horse we ever showed lol. I think this might be a regional thing too as I have rarely seen Modern Pleasure ponies with shoes on.

Could be, I know a couple folks that put shoes on, mostly because they have that wonderful trait of pawing!

Hmm...no shoes, huh??? The one I was kind of looking at has a very natural knee popping action. So I know shoes would only enhance that, but if he has it already.......hmmmm??? I'm going to look around at region and see first. But thanks for all the help.
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back