Modern questions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercysmom

Reaction score
biggrin.gif

OK... a bit of time on my hands and wondering....

Where can I find Moderns for sale? Are they outrageously priced as babies? I have emailed a few farms for information and no one has replied....I am looking for a weanling filly for a new project for my son and I... we took the year off from showing after a wonderful year last year with two Hall of Fames in Miniature performance...is this not a popular division or am I looking in the wrong places?

Denise

[SIZE=14pt]Denise, Dr Tom Taylor Michigan Pony farm has a sale once a year where he has yearling modern fillies. He will only sell babies at that sale expecially girls. You can sometimes talk him out of a colt other times. The two nice modern fillies this may sold for 5400 and 2600 . That high priced one was small enough to qualify for mini papers! If you can get to Congress there will im sure be ponies and breeders there to talk to.[/SIZE]

Google them and see if the web site comes up if not I will get it for you.

Lyn

Hi Denise,

Sharron & Wayne Hinkle of Sharrway Farm & Transport raise and show Modern/Modern Pleasure Ponies. They have serveral for sale right now.

You can contact Sharron at: Home 1-580-276-5515

Email: [email protected]

Her babies are by her Modern Pleasure Pony of the Year Hidden Image son of the great Spit-N-Image

Give her a call. She will be happy to talk with you.

Karen Shaw

Fiddlestix Miniatures & Shetlands

Burleson Texas

You might try the modernshetlandalliance list on yahoogroups.com too. Someone there might have or know someone who has just what you are looking for.
yes.gif

Thanks for the advice - I was hoping to find something closer to me and not with the Taylor price tags - although they are THE top of the line ponies!

Colts and geldings are not an option with our all female herd...I know they are easier to come by but I am a mare person. (With hubby and two boys and a male Lab, there is too much testosterone in my world these days - my "girls" balance it out!)

We show our AMHR minis in NY state and this pony will be a learning project for us - if we can take her to a show here and there and have fun with her, that is my goal - not to be as aggressive in showing as we were with Mercy... but then again, Mercy was purchased as a pet-quality mini and she has 3 HOF under her belt and her foals (with the exception of Connie the dwarf) had better conformation than she did.

So, a search begins and a new learning process!

THANKS!!!
saludando.gif

Denise

Mercysmom said:
Thanks for the advice - I was hoping to find something closer to me and not with the Taylor price tags - although they are THE top of the line ponies! 
Colts and geldings are not an option with our all female herd...I know they are easier to come by but I am a mare person.  (With hubby and two boys and a male Lab, there is too much testosterone in my world these days - my "girls" balance it out!)

We show our AMHR minis in NY state and this pony will be a learning project for us - if we can take her to a show here and there and have fun with her, that is my goal - not to be as aggressive in showing as we were with Mercy... but then again, Mercy was purchased as a pet-quality mini and she has 3 HOF under her belt and her foals (with the exception of Connie the dwarf) had better conformation than she did.

So, a search begins and a new learning process!

THANKS!!!
saludando.gif

Denise

424026[/snapback]

7-15-05 Hi: I'm not exactly sure where you're located, but since you mentioned shows in NY.... You might want to check out Moose Meadow in Maine. Mike and Rebecca Lash raise some pretty awesome ponies and some of them are Moderns.

Tel. 207-832-7920. I don't have her e-mail handy, but I think if you plug in Moose Meadow Farm, you should be able to find her site. It's a good one. Their main stallion is Knight's To-A-Te and he's been siring some very nice animals. I know they have some younger stallions, I think a Double Stuf son and a super nice son from, I think, Ellie Verba. You might try them. Good luck. Shirlee

Hi Linda!

At our last trim I was thinking about ponies but not as hard as I am now.
biggrin.gif

I will try E as well!

Thanks,

Dee

Latest posts

Back