Modern Pleasure Halter/Bridle Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crabtree Farm

Reaction score
I hope I am not burning out my welcome with all these questions, but there are not a lot of shetland people in SC. My question is about the mare bridle. Is there a special bridle for them or can an english bridle with a fancy browband work? I've got a beautiful pony bridle that compliments her head, and I have not seen any difference between that and the ones being used except for the browband. If there is, is there any suggestions to find them for sale . . . or ones that are less than $300.

Tina Ferro

Can you post a picture of your bridle?? Mare bridles are not required you can just use a show halter. Totally up to you!

Questions are always a great thing!!

I have the halters I've used on my "B" AMHR horses, but I've only seen that type on the classic ponies. The bridle that I have is a very fine english bridle, not a clunky "mare bridles" as some that I have seen pictured on the modern pleasure ponies in the past couple issues of the Journal. As long as it compliments her head, could it be used?

I'll try to get a photo to post.

Tina

Tina

here is my modern pleasure mare showing in a "arab" style halter. She did her share of winning so it must be okay
default_smile.png
We tried a mare bridle on her once but she didnt show as well with the bridle as she did a halter. I would show your horse in whatever they are most comfortable showing in and show the best for you in

(this is the mare we never body clipped)

patchesshow-214x151-285x202.jpg

I showed my MP colt in a cable halter this weekend and we were in the winners circle. But I also purchased a mare and stallion bridle while I was the show.

If you contact Mike Herron at Herron Stables in IA, he has very nice bridles for $225.00. Light, dark brown or black and have the 'correct' brow bands on them.

http://www.herronstables.com/tackshop/index.html

Thanks!

Thanks. I've got a cable halter and will take along the other bridle just in case. I wasn't sure if judges would frown upon the wrong type of halter.

Your mare looks great. How close did she slick out for you? Just curious. I went ahead and began clipping on my mare, so she has time to grow out. Still have to do her legs and head, but my mare has only had her ears clipped this past fall. So we are still getting use to the clippers.

Tina Ferro

Tina I wish I had a better show picture of her to show you she sheds very tight. Here is a picture of her yesterday in the pasture with her foal. Obviously not in show shape but look how tight her coat is.

patchydale-390x304.jpg

Tina I wish I had a better show picture of her to show you she sheds very tight. Here is a picture of her yesterday in the pasture with her foal. Obviously not in show shape but look how tight her coat is.

patchydale-390x304.jpg

That is what mine looked like until I took a 10 to her. I don't think the 10 made her look scalped. I can already see color coming back in after clipping her several days ago. So I feel comfortable that I can manage her coat after the clipping.

Thanks - Tina

Latest posts

Back