Modern and Classic shetlands

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigeresss

Reaction score
Do they not exist in Canada or somthing? I've been hunting for breeders, any websites for Shetlands in Canada and I can't find ANYTHING. I've never seen any Shetlands here either. I'm starting to get the idea that they don't exist here! haha Obviously I'm kidding but it's driving me bonkers.

There aren't many. A lot of the Moderns can't be registered in Canada because of Hackney in their backgrounds. A woman just recently imported two Classics - both Buckskins, one from Royal Pony Farm and one from Country Classics but I don't know her name. Think she was in Ontario somewhere.

I have seen 3 farms advertised in Canada and they are;

Anfarra Shetlands

Sumac Farms

McLeod Creek Farm

Pleasure you can view the stud books here;

Canadian Livestock Records Corp.

Good Luck! I live about 3-4 hours from the Washington/Canadian border, but have yet to visit a pony farm...Hope to one of theses days...anyone else game for a drive?
biggrin.gif

My best,

Jenny
saludando.gif

Hi,

I own a Modern Pleasure Shetland mare. Her sire is the hall of fame sire, Raven Of Bird Haven. Her name is Wilk's Black Passion. I bought her from Shauney's Shetlands and Miniatures. Laura has a stallion standing at stud and has a Modern Mare for sale. There are also a few breeders here in Quebec. I have seen them at the shows but do not know there names.

Along with our partner Rita Noble of Noblebrook Miniatures in Erin, Ont., we just purchased ESTABLO RADIANT, a 100% Arenosa weanling colt from Sandy Nicolls of Moody, Texas.

We'll be in the market for AMHR/ASPC registered mares or fillies in the spring of 2006 with a view to raising Arenosa foals.

I also know someone else here in Ontario who recently purchased an Arenosa pony, but I don't even know if it's a mare or stallion, or anything else about it.

I think it's definitely the wave of the future and it's only a matter of a short time before you'll be seeing American shetlands up here. As already pointed out in a previous reply, the Canadian registry is very different from that of the U.S. and the link that was provided for you should be of great help.

Sunny said:
We'll be in the market for AMHR/ASPC registered mares or fillies in the spring of 2006 with a view to raising Arenosa foals. 

I think it's definitely the wave of the future and it's only a matter of a short time before you'll be seeing American shetlands up here.  As already pointed out in a previous reply, the Canadian registry is very different from that of the U.S. and the link that was provided for you should be of great help.

476943[/snapback]

I had to "go" to Canada to find my new Modern mare and I am very, very glad I found her and her owner!
yes.gif
yes.gif
yes.gif

We will be taking delivery of her the week of October 17th and we cannot wait!!! It will be the longest two weeks of my life!

To her owner, a big Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!
biggrin.gif
She is perfect!

More details to come once she arrives here.

Denise

Silversong Farm

Bloomfield, NY

Latest posts

Back