Missy's Foaling Thread --> UPDATE ---> WARNING ABOUT BROWN/BLOOD RED MUCOUS PLUGS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My fingers are crossed for you both this morning. How lucky you are to have such a fabulous vet - and good friend - willing to help you and Missy. Looking at your pictures I would say she was good to go, so prayers being said for a succesful induction.
default_yes.gif

And it will be wonderful if you can make a note of any info for us, we would be very grateful'

She's such a pretty girl, so I just know this foal is going to be gorgeous as well. Good luck!

Goodmorning friends!

Just chiming in to let you know that she didn't foal last night but she was breathing heavy, getting up and down alot, rolling alot and acting as if she wanted to......just like the past few nights but she never progressed any further than that.

The vet will be out this morning - I must say that my stomach is in knots and I definately have some nervousness, but once I talk to him he always has a way to reassure me of things. He's never led me astray and he's most interested in what's best for the horse. I must say, he's been a charm for me - we've had to deal with red bags, no milk production in some QH's, orphan foals, two cases of choke in my mare Allula (she's now banned from any type of hay pellet, soaked or not), a pinched nerve and snake bite in my jack russel, etc. so I'm very confident in him. He has horses of his own so he has a special place for them in his heart, even though he's a big and small veterinarian.

I will be taking diligent notes for you guys, don't you worry!

Send as many prayers my way as you can - I'm gonna need them for this morning!

Katie, sounds like your vet has always been top notch in helping your animals...thats great! Im sure he will do everything he can to help today. I will be thinking of you today and sending prayers

I am posting from my phone....

He gave her a full exam and he's concerned about there possibly being a mild form of placentitis. I've been experiencing heavy jerky foal movements which he saw himself and he's slightly worried there may be a cord or again placentitis problem causing the foal discomfort.

He said she looks 100% ready to go and so he gave her the first shot at 10:32 we are now waiting untill 11:02 to give the second shot if no progress is made. He's confident this will be a successful delivery and is very relaxed about the ordeal.

I'm praying hard and hoping that it all goes well......keep us in mind and please pray that she does not have any infection. He said if she does she will be flushed......prayers welcomed and appreciated!

I am praying that baby is in position and that all goes well for Missy and her baby

So far so good.....he's doing this process slow so it doesn't cause any unnecessary problems.

She's doing plenty of rolling and making sure baby is in that perfect position.

He's super calm.....I'm a nervous wreck.....pray hard my friends!

default_pray.gif
:pray
default_pray.gif
for Missy and (((((((((((((((((((hugs )))))))))))))))))))) for you

Angel filly.

Filly had numerous problems and missy had a red bag and infection. This is missys second red bag she is officially retired from breeding, and I am too.

Will talk later.

Oh I am so sorry. We will be here for you when you are ready to talk about it. ((((((( hugs ))))))

Oh I am so so sorry for you and for Missy. You were so right to go with your gut feelng and thank goodness your vet friend was there.

How I wish things had been different. Sending ((((HUGS))))

Not the news I was hoping for. I am so sorry and hope you find some comfort in knowing you did your very best for Missy. I hope Missy is doing ok after her ordeal.

Hugs to both of you.

I'm so sorry..... what an ordeal so glad you had your vet with you through it all

and I sure hope Missy is doing well and back to normal soon. ((((HUGS)))) breeding can be so heartbreaking sometimes

My prayers were asking for a better outcome for you and Missy, Katie.

I am so so sorry.

She is a beautiful girl. I am sure she will be just as happy to be your heart horse.

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your foal. It is heart-breaking. Praying that Missy will recover quickly. HUGS to you.

Im so sorry to hear this
default_sad.png
thats so sad. Im praying for a quick and safe recovery for Missy sending prayers your way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back