Missing Overcheck Piece

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess P

Reaction score
A part to my overcheck fell off one day when I was driving Chantilly, and I did not notice it until I untacked her. The Overcheck doesn't work now. It is a brass piece with a little brass stick which goes through a hole.

Does anyone know where I can find this part online?

Last edited by a moderator:
MiniSeasons said:
A part to my overcheck fell off one day when I was driving Chantilly, and I did not notice it until I untacked her. The Overcheck doesn't work now. It is a brass piece with a little brass stick which goes through a hole. Does anyone know where I can find this part online?

473990[/snapback]

More info please!

hard to picture the part you are referring to... is this a buckle with a stud instead of a tongue? What is its function, to adjust the strap on the neck or attach either end of the check rein to the bridle or the saddle? Do you mean the turret which is attached to the saddle of the harness to hold the overcheck rein? someone could probably help if we understood which piece of hardware your were referring to... many places which sell harness will also sell parts for harness separately. It is putting a name to the piece that you need which stumps me at the moment!
wacko.gif

Sorry, I realized a lot of people have different overchecks. Luckily, my gelding has the same harness so I ran out and took a picture of it.

Img_0920.jpg

Img_0923.jpg

It is used to adjust the taughtness of the overcheck

Are you possibly referring to a conway buckle?

If so, try PrimeDesign. Debbie is really good about helping you out with any problem.

www.primedesigntack.com

That is just a buckle. I would think a suitable replacement could be found at almost any tack shop. For sure anyplace that sells or repairs harness would have one.

As Denisee said, thats a Conway Buckle. Any good tack shop should have them. Just measure the width of the strap and order one that size.

Back