missing members

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just checked in today for the first time in months. I am getting older but still very much involved with the minis, except we did stop breeding. So now training, showing and sharing. I think the biggest change is not to the forum but that many of us are on Facebook, and just can't check everything all the time! I am Mary Adams and can be found through Leia. And I met Bevann in person at the Area 1 AMHR show last year, right when they announced we had won the halter obstacle class (with Princess) and came in 3rd with 2 year old Jake!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a message today to report to the forum. There have been huge changes in my family. My wonderful son Daniel is now a single dad staying with us temporarily and our precious little granddaughter (3) lives here with us at least 3+ weeks out of the month. That is where my focus is full time so I'm very busy all the time. She is horse crazy and loves grooming and even cleaning stalls too.Its hard to keep her out of the barn. Life couldn't be better. Thanks for asking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Continued prayers for you and your family Marty. I'm glad to hear you are happy and that little Lexis is still horse crazy! It's so much fun to share the love of animals with our grand children. I'm sorry to hear about Daniel, life isn't always as perfect as we imagine it to be. Our plans aren't always Gods plans. He'll be OK. Big hugs to you Marty, would love to hear from you now and then.

Marty,

It's so good to "see" you. I think of you often and have hoped all was going well with you and your family.

Kim Shifflett

Just in general. People started to take things to personally and discussions couldn't be had with out people losing it. Resulting in rule changes and what not. Rigid environment and people stop wanting to post to risk "offending" somebody.
Ashley is very likely correct concerning several missing members. I really cannot say for sure. I just clicked on the rules and to be quiet honest, I do not know which were added or changed but my attention span is so small it was more than I could take in, so I skimmed over them. There is a whole lot of what you cannot do. Let me just emphasize that I am not trying to flame the moderators here. I am just being honest. Anyone that has ever read anything I ever replied to or a topic I began knows that I speak from the heart. True, you can go find help with search tool and best of threads, but it is sad that so many of whom I would consider jewels in the proper care and training of the horses are now not posting any longer. I miss the banter, the humor, the surprises, and interesting comments that used to come out of the old Porch. In my time here I only know of one antagonizer that got booted off (possibly in lieu of an internet exorcism) and it was much deserved in my opinion. No doubt there have been a whole lot of other situations I do not know about. I just know that the forums are not very interesting any more. I can watch paint dry without having to make any computer key strokes. I miss the contributions all the different personalities made, whether I thought they were right, wrong, or indifferent. No doubt a lot of people have just moved on because they have new interests and life style changes. Others likely still look but don't bother to check in for a number of reasons. I sure do miss Jill's political cartoons.

Today I read on The Back Yard forum that posting there required 450 previous postings in the other forums. I thought it was 150. Maybe it got changed, maybe it was never 150. Dunno. That being said, the newbies need to post more and come on board.

Latest posts

Back