Missing member Debra Gee

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok , I have spoken with someone in Houma and I am told that the area around there including Montegut suffered very minimal damage.. They still have no phones and some places still have no power.... They have her address and will try and check on her as soon as they are in the area... They have no reported storm deaths in the immediate area.. i will update as soon as I can confirm her situation.... Just keep her and Martin in your prayers along with everyone else in this horrible situation.....you can email me if you want more info

Went to the website someone listed and this is the information they had for her:

LastName FirstName StreetAddress City State ZipCode Status

Gee Debra 645 Hwy 55 Montegut LA 70377 MISSING

I heard from Norma Simoneaux who lives in the Independence area, and they are all OK. She said her barn was flattened. She had no horses in the barn during the storm, thankfully. She had put them all out to pasture before it hit and none were injured. When I spoke to her she said they had just gotten phones back, but still no electricity.

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
Good News!!!

I hope Norma is able to pass the word to Debra how much people were worried for her!

MA

when you talk to her will you please give her my number?? I want to be sure she gets on our list of farms needing help 217-898-1307

thanks

Kay

Just got a email from Debra here it is she is ok

Hi Mike and Lynn!!!!

Yes, the horses, donkeys, parrots and all the dogs are safe for the moment~

My husband was in Trinidad working, so I went thru this alone.....and even this Fla hurricane girl, was really scared! Only 8 miles further West and it would have been me on the roof and dead animals everywhere!

I lost the barn roof -tree fell on it. Lost shingles so some leaking in the house. LOTS of BIG trees and huge branches down. Dogs are glued to me still.

Just got internet this am, and power 3 days ago. Land phone comes and goes, still no cell phone.

We are SO VERY LUCKY.....

Everyday a different horse colic's and after walking all day and keeping them moving, they get over it. Stress, down trees on the fence lines has me running and very tired. But still ok. Parrots ok so far but stress takes it's toll with them too.

Thanks so much for the support and concern. I am so blessed to have your friendship!

Updates when things settle down a bit.

Huge Hug

Debra

Kay, I'll pass your message on to Norma.

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
YIPEE!

EVERYONE has been SO worried! Glad all animals well too! And forgetting the animals (for just a sec) how are YOU taking the stress?

Arms around you with hugs and thankfulness, Maxine

Latest posts

Back