Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chandab

Reaction score
My MIL got this recipe from a friend and printed it for me today. I tried it this afternoon, and it is quite good for a microwave homemade dessert.

Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

1 coffee Mug

4 tablespoons flour (regular flour, not self-rising)

4 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons baking cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)

small splash of vanilla

Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well. Add the egg and mix well. Pour in milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little and tip out onto a plate if desired.

Eat! (this can serve two if you want to share!)

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?

Because now we are only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

Chanda,

Now why did you have to post this????

I will probably break down and HAVE to try it at some point!! :)

Susan O.

Chanda,
Now why did you have to post this????

I will probably break down and HAVE to try it at some point!! :)

Susan O.
Cause I wasn't home 15 minutes from my inlaws when I gathered the ingredients and gave it a try; and I was pleasantly surprised that it turned out so well for a microwave treat.
default_wink.png

hmm...wonder how this would work with Splenda instead of sugar? It's not too long in the microwave, so it should work...

hmm...wonder how this would work with Splenda instead of sugar? It's not too long in the microwave, so it should work...
I was thinking about that earlier, my FIL might like this, but can't have sugar. Let me know how it turns out if you try it with splenda.

I think Splenda will work
default_yes.gif
I use it for baking so the heat does NOT effect it the way it does Nutrasweet
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

That's what I was thinking, Jill.

Another thought would be to use Hershey's Special Dark Baking Cocoa -- that stuff is incredible, if you're a dark chocolate addict like I am! It also neables me to make an incredible sugar-free hot dark cocoa...yum!

Susanne --

I make chocolate milk with baking cocoa and splenda. I just put a little hot water in a glass to disolve the cocoa and then add the milk and splenda. It still has the sugar carbs from the milk, but a tiny fraction of what's in "regular" chocolate milk. It is good for a snack
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

Jill

Yep, that's what I do with the dark cocoa...although the first time I used too much cocoa and couldn't sleep for a week.

If I'm in dire need of chocolate therapy, I add a bit of vanilla extract...

I've baked this cake!

This recipe is doing the rounds of the internet.

I actually used 2 tablespoons of plain flour and 2 tablespoons of self raising. That way the cake didn't rise too high over the top of the cup.

It turned out 'perfect'. I added the chocolate chips of course!

It was so big it actually fed 4 of us with some cream on the side!

Go on, try it. it's really good.

Crap. I gained 2 pounds just reading about this danged warm chocolate cake in a mug.... and I have NO willpower.

*dashes out to get ingredients*

default_saludando.gif
Hey, I just had to try it, too. It turned out perfect! Tastes wonderful! Thank you so much for this fun recipe. Children will really enjoy making this one.

Latest posts

Back