Mini's

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty said:
Just wanted to clarify that a little fun visit every now and then wouldn't bother me and there are of course exceptions to the rule such as MaryAnn who had to raise Jeffie her orphan foal and also cases such as  dmhstacy too.
I have my 1 week orphan living inside with me at the moment

479247[/snapback]

Marty,

Just to clarify about Jeffie......He did not live in the house full time. He had his own stall in the barn at night - which was his security zone. We did let him in for VISITS (with Depends Diapers on!) because he would get depressed.

We have never had any of our horses in the house full time, but will admit to allowing them short visits. And if we had a baby who was very sick, we would probably make an exception there. (Our first foal was a premie who we put into our bathroom to help him warm up. And mom was right there with him. While he was warming up, Larry was frantically building a temporary stall in our garage.....this was years ago!)

Anyway.....yes, both Jeffie and Gabriel are still welcome for an hour or two inside....

rolleyes.gif
MA

Well I said before I'd let mine in if my husband would let me, but I take it back! They were on the porch today and destroyed my pumpkin display and pulled up my newly planted pots. They knew very well what they were up to, the little imps! How in the world could you teach them to mind their manners in the house? Housebreaking would be the least of the worries!!

Marsha

I think it would be cute to bring them in from time to time...
rolleyes.gif
The first and last time I brought my stallion Nakota in - he promptly pooped! I dont think it is fair to the little guy's though - to make them permenent house pets. They may seem to be happy in the house... but a horse is a horse of course!
flirt.gif
xkngt.gif
whistling.gif

I used to let mine in the house but then I found out that they were going on the computer when I wasn't watching. Oh, boy, the things they bought on E-bay.........

DSC01858.jpg

DSC01868a.jpg

My personal opinion is that horses are not meant to live in a house. It's like chimpanzees that are clothed and diapered and kept as house pets, I feel very sorry for them. Oh it might look cute but I always wonder how the animal feels, mind you they more than likely don't mind because they don't know what it is to truly be a "chimp" or a "horse". They are molded into something they just aren't.

I also believe that horses do not belong in the house. That is not to say that when I was little I did not sneak one into my bedroom:bgrin . But to live indoors? No, just not natural. JMO ofcourse.

Well lots people also keep there horses pretty much in a stlled condition,,which is also not natual for the horse either..

There are just a very very few people that have a "Live In The House Horse",,Very very few...Most of the peple are like myself.. Bring one in for a from a few minutes to a few hours..And that hours then would be where my book would come into play as "How To Housebreak Your Horse"..

Horse Hugs said:
I used to let mine in the house but then I found out that they were going on the computer when I wasn't watching. Oh, boy, the things they bought on E-bay.........
DSC01858.jpg

DSC01868a.jpg

479850[/snapback]

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG That is WONDERFUL!!!! LOL!!!!!
aktion033.gif

Thank you, I needed a good giggle today! LOL!!!!!
wink.gif

Nancy

Latest posts

Back