Minis star in the Emmy awards pre festivities

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfmini

Reaction score
THE AMERICAN MINIATURE HORSE ASSOCIATION, INC.

5601 S Interstate 35W Alvarado, TX 76009

817.783.5600 Fax 817.783.6403

www.amha.org

September 19, 2005

AMHA Miniatures Steal the Spotlight in Hollywood

On September 15 and 16, 2005, The AMHA was invited to take part in a Pre-Emmy event in Los Angeles that is held each year and put on by Silver Spoon Event Marketing. This bash featured vendors who donate products to the coveted "goody bags" handed out to Emmy winners and presenters. The owners of the Silver Spoon were wanting to introduce the Miniature Horse to Hollywood and worked with AMHA Marketing Manager Alison Elrod to coordinate the event.

Along with the help of AMHA Marketing Committee Chairman Bob Jenkins and members Susan Hopmans and Lonnie Perdue, the Miniature Horse took Hollywood by storm. "We were very excited to be included as a part of this event," says AMHA Marketing Manager Alison Elrod.

"Most of the vendors that were included in this event paid thousands of dollars to be there, and the AMHA was invited free of charge!"

The event was held at a private Beverly Hills residence and attracted more than 600 television celebrities, producers and different media groups. Cast members of hit shows like CSI Miami, Malcom in the Middle, Lost, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and 24 all spent time getting up close to the Miniatures and asking all sorts of questions. Most had never seen a Miniature Horse before and were very interested in the breed. The AMHA distributed Miniature Horse World

magazine, 'Horse Babies,' the '2005 Breeders List' and 'The Horse for Everyone.' Many attendees were very interested in learning more about how to become involved with the breed. Media crews from newspaper, magazine and television were all on hand to capture the event. Footage from the event and AMHA publicity has already aired on Access Hollywood, Inside Edition the BBC's entertainment show, The View, local LA television and many other outlets. Copies of pictures and the magazines that print them will be available at a later date. One of the

most commonly asked questions aside, from whether they could buy a Miniature that same day, was whether the AMHA had successfully gotten to our members who had been featured on CNN. We were glad to report that this had been done and many individuals were very thankful and relieved. A BIG thank you goes out to Susan Hopmans and Lonnie Perdue for bringing their horses to this event and helping out in this promotion of the breed. Recent media coverage from these events has increased interest in the World Show and will hopefully serve to entice more media to the event being held October 1-8, 2005 in Fort Worth, Texas.

For more information, please contact:

Alison Elrod

AMHA Marketing Manager

[email protected]

WOW!! That is great publicity for our breed. Wish I had seen it covered on TV. Yay for AMHA and those who brought their horses!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

here are the pics! arent they adorable

she said this horse looked at itself in the bentley for like 5 mins LOL

bently.jpg

Group.jpg

I think it's wonderful they got this opportunity. It's too bad though ...with all the stars trying to help different causes, that they didn't provide info about the rescue groups
yes.gif

I'll bet the little one wasn't looking at itself in the Bently, it was probably trying to figure a way to hop in and take it for a test drive...I know I sure would have wanted to
biggrin.gif

Great Job Alison!!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
Bob Susan and Lonnie!!!!

aktion033.gif
biggrin.gif
Bob Jenkins!!!
aktion033.gif

alison did say that many of the stars asked about the bradfords etc and she told them the story
smile.gif

That is very cool! A big thanks to all involved for promoting our breed in a positive and wonderful way! Great pics, too...was that Jennifer Lopez looking on???
aktion033.gif

I think this is terrific, and a WONDERFUl way to promote the breed!
biggrin.gif

Bravo! It sounds like AMHA has finally hired a real marketing person. From everything I've read about Allison these last few weeks, she is a huge asset to AMHA and all of us.

To all those who participated, great job!

Jenifer(Millstone Farm)took the words right out of my mouth! FINALLY, a member-friendly, knowledgeable person who knows what that job means, and is willing and able to do it!! I am more impressed with Alison everytime I learn more about her and how she is doing the job....Kudos to her!!

(Now, we just have to convince Oprah that she DOES need some minis for her farm!)
wink.gif
To me, one of the best things about promoting minis to genuine celebrities is that they are SO in the public eye, EVERYONE would know if the animals weren't being cared for properly...NOT suggesting that any celebrity wouldn't properly care for their animals-IMO, 'twould be quite the opposite; I think a celebrity home would likely be one of the BEST places to have one of your beloved critters end up!!

Many thanks to everyone responsible for making this happen, what WONDERFUL publicity.
aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back