minis here! now a question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsj

Reaction score
Hurray we picked up my minis yesterday! They are settling in well, look rather plump to me but I'll post a pic later to ask everyone's opinion on that. I have a question though. I have spent a while with them and my stallion drops his head and nods it slowly low down while I'm talking to him. Why does he do this do you think?

What do you say? I think he is listening and feeling settled and safe. A stallion holds his head up high when stressed or in fear. I would say you've done well.

If I'm understanding what you're seeing correctly, it sounds like something a mare of mine did to me years ago when she had a new foal, and I took it to be an agressive type of gesture (kind of a "stay away" gesture).

Mine all do that when they are standing in front of there dishes wanting me to put there food in it. Maybe he is asking for a dish of food?

Hello all

thanks for the replies. Jill, I know the movement you mean with mares but its a bit different to that, a bit more laid back, it doesn't seem agressive as his head is quite low down and he seems pretty relaxed - he then rests his head on my hand a bit and likes me scratching behind his left ear!

SageNapala, I am saying "what a beautiful boy you are Sunny" so maybe he is agreeing! Sheila, perhaps he is asking for some grub, he certainly looks like he enjoys his food!

He and my mare seem quite happy to follow me for a walk around their new field and they also followed me into their shelter. Sunny does not seem very keen on brushes so I am going to take it slowly with him.

Latest posts

Back