minis being sold thru F.A.O Schwartz!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Champ

Reaction score
Has any one seen the new F.A.O Schwatz catalog, they are selling minis read about it www.fao.com/catalog/boutique.jsp?categoryId=403

Okay, given that they did list precautions about health and living requirements and say they will send an "advisor" with the pony to train the new owners, I can't help but find it amusing! Anyone nutty enough to spend $15,000 on an unspecified mini and a monogrammed saddle deserves to get ripped off.
biggrin.gif

I know, I know, I should be outraged. Somehow I'm just not.

Leia

There has already been a thread on this and most feel that it is good for the mini business and only good things will come of this ad in that catalog..That is an Exclusive store many rich and famous shop there and for all in tense and purpose that is who will "Buy" that mini and will have the monies to take care of that mini very well.

After all that store has in stock for sale a Million Dollar Monopoly set
new_shocked.gif
Who but the Rich can buy that game board
ohmy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that overall it will boost the mini horse breed. After all those little rich kids out there see one they are gonna have to have it...so if they have money to spend like that..let them as long as they know how to care for the horse..

To clarify your misconception, they are NOT selling MINIS, they are selling A MINI, and I understand that it sold according to another post.

In the fifties Sears or Montgomery Ward sold Shetland Ponies and different breeds of dogs and various other animals and birds, though, fyi.

Tony said:
To clarify your misconception, they are NOT selling MINIS, they are selling A MINI, and I understand that it sold according to another post.
In the fifties Sears or Montgomery Ward sold Shetland Ponies and different breeds of dogs and various other animals and birds, though, fyi.

464384[/snapback]

I think Neiman-Marcus had expensive minis in their catalog some years ago, too - I think it was around the holidays and I was working in an ad agency in NYC and we got their catalog in the office, for fun. That was back in the day when minis could get in "People" magazine for running amuck in the house and jumping over a coffee table!

I am curious what the FAO Schwartz mini's bloodlines were. It looked "cute" but not $15,000 worth of cute (just in my humble opinion
rolleyes.gif
). Maybe the monogrammed tack jacked the price up?! Maybe we all need to sell custom monogrammed tack and accessories with our minis a la the success of Barbie dolls and their accessories (as in the doll is the first thing you buy but then she needs outfits, friends, fancy housing and a car... oh yeah, I forgot about Ken) so we can command high prices like that (sarcasm). Unbelieveable.

Denise

Silversong Farm

Mercysmom said:
Maybe the monogrammed tack jacked the price up?!  Maybe we all need to sell custom monogrammed tack and accessories with our minis a la the success of Barbie dolls and their accessories (as in the doll is the first thing you buy but then she needs outfits, friends, fancy housing and a car... oh yeah, I forgot about Ken) so we can command high prices like that (sarcasm).  Unbelieveable.
Denise

Silversong Farm

464413[/snapback]

I think buy a horse of any kind is a lot like a barbie doll if you put it like that. You buy the horse then it needs a halter & a show halter & then a driving harness & maybe a friend or two & a trailer & a cart etc etc etc. Gets a little crazy sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back