Minimore.........

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sterling

Reaction score
How's your sting coming along? Did you get it taken care of and did it heal? I hope so and that you are no longer in pain.

Hi Sterling!

Yes, I've gotten to keep my hand!
laugh.gif
There's still a little bit of swelling but much of it has gone away and once the swelling started to go down it quit hurting. Now it's into the itching...that comes in spells, but at least running hot water over it helps take away the itching.

Whatever it was, I surely don't want to meet up with any more of 'em!

Thank you for asking.
saludando.gif

If typical anti-itch creams/ointments don't work for you, try "Sarna" lotion, a nurse-practitioner recommended it to me for the spider bites I get on my legs. It has worked great for me.

You never found out what that thing was, did you?
ohmy.gif
If it's not too late, try taking plain old mud and put it on your sting - it really helps take out the itch! Glad you're feeling a bit better, though!
yes.gif

I've only had one really itchy spell today, so things are looking up! I did have an antihistamine this morning, so perhaps that helped.

No, I didn't figure out what that stinger came off of. It wasn't a honey bee--I picked one of those out of a water trough this morning & inspected her stinger. Not a match! We do have a few big black hornets around, & I'm waiting for a chance to squish one of them so I can have a close look at the stinger...I think that rich maroon stinger will be recognizable if I see another like it?

The way my luck is running I'll trip over the hornet's nest one of these nights (after all, those big black hornets have to be living around here somewhere??) & I'll end up with a whole load of stingers to compare.
wacko.gif

new_shocked.gif

Oh glad you're feeling better. We have alot of these black wasp type of "birds" I say birds cuz they are HUGE!!! They have this yellow butt and what looks like an orangeish brown stinger sticking out from behind. Very nasty looking. We see them mostly around the ground and grassy areas. But if they're colored brightly I'm thinking they definitely have to pack a nasty punch!

Latest posts

Back