MiniHorse TV * First Episode!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K.C. Lunde

Reaction score
Hi guys.. I know we have all been talking and mentioning, wouldn't it be cool if there was a video channel we could watch dedicated to miniature horses? Awnsering simple little questions that many of us asked when we were 'just learning'?

Checkout MiniHorse TV!!

First episode is on 'how to prepare beet pulp'. I wanted to do a simple, short topic so I could decide if I liked doing the videos!! It was actually a lot of fun! Though I feel goofy seeing myself on youtube!!

I invite you all to join in.. Wouldn't it be great to have a YouTube series for mini horses?!

Also, have any suggestions for 'beginners' topics?!

AND OF COURSE, ENJOY
default_yes.gif

will have one on clipping for sure coming up (when it warms up in Canada-- BRR) and treadmilling!!!
default_smile.png
default_yes.gif

thats awesome! I think we need a video of the basics like a lunging. basic driving commands. It seems like most of the stuff we have out there available to us is either to broad/basic or too advanced. Just my opinion

Great video. I think you should make one for basic harnessing.

I have a question though I never fed pellets I've always done the shreds and wondering do the pellets require that hot of water? I know on the shreds it says not to use hot water as it looses its nutritional value. Just curious. I soak mine in luke warm water.

I have a question though I never fed pellets I've always done the shreds and wondering do the pellets require that hot of water? I know on the shreds it says not to use hot water as it looses its nutritional value. Just curious. I soak mine in luke warm water.
I fed pellets up til this year, as that was all I had available. I have time to prepare it, so wasn't too worried about rushing the process. Anyway, I used hot tap water, and within about an hour it was pretty much expanded and the water soaked up. [i prepare it after breakfast (10am or so) and feed it after lunch (about 1pm).] As to the hot water, I didn't run water til hot, just filled the bucket with hot only, and it would get hot about half-way through filling the bucket, I make beet pulp in 3 gallon buckets.

Edited to add: I'm currently using shreds, they cost a more than the pellets I was using, but they are delivered once a month. [The pellets had to be special ordered, so I ordered my winter supple in Sept and then had to have room to store 7 months worth of pellets.] Actually, half the feed I use is delivered monthly, the other half I have to pick up (but its the only place I can get it and my horses are doing well on it, can't wait to see spring shed, as it'll be their first shed after starting it).

Last edited by a moderator:
Great video. I think you should make one for basic harnessing.

If you don't strain the water off, they would still get the nutritive value, I would think.

Hot water isn't necessary, I use cold water and let it soak overnight. Hot water simply speeds up the process.

Straining out the water does significantly reduce the nutrient value of the beet pulp, but many beet pulps have molasses added for palatability so many horse owners wish to avoid the added sugar.

Andrea

Definitely do not need hot water for beet pulp- cold normally takes around four hours but so long as all the pellets are squished up it is fine to feed- the only reason I need the pellets squishy is that they just might "choke" if they tried swallowing a solid hearted pellet. In theory you could feed them dry, but I doubt a minis ability to chew them properly.

This sort of thing is a brilliant idea but you really do need to get all your facts straight at the start.

Yup I any water will do :D Before bed I add water to the bucket and it'll be blown up for breakfast, when I get home from work in the days, add hot water and it'll be good after 45 min!

Latest posts

Back