Miniauture Horse Trailers!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Palomino~

Reaction score
The other day at the show I went to there was this TINY little horse trailer, maybe a 2 horse trailer, maybe it was a 4, but it was very small, and a little tocama pulling it, and I think I am going to want a trailer that small someday, cause I know I am not going to be the best driver, let alone puller, I KNOW I could pull one of those easily, does anyone know any people who make them that small? and it probably has to be in the western states!

Thanks!

-Gage-

Whoops, spelled Miniature wrong, I dont know how MANY times I have spelled that! I think it is cause I type to fast LOL!

-Gage-

For miniature horses, they make a camper type thing that you put in the bed of a truck, if you are iffy about pulling a trailer, one like this should be no problem because it's actually on your vehicle and your not pulling anything. I forget what site I saw them at, but they should come up in a search, or maybe someone here knows the site that has them! They looked pretty neat to me and weren't badly priced, in my opinion.

yah I seen those! I just dont know about how much they are, I though I could find a cheaper, just a two little (miniature horse)trailer! I wont be able to drive for two more years, so I got alot of time to find one:)

-Gage-

This is my opinion on trailers. I think the tiny ones are harder to manuever than the larger ones. They certainly back harder because they are so quick to respond. You can end up with it jackknifed real easy. I like to have a little weight behind me as well as be able to see the wheels in my rear view mirror

the web-site is http://www.miniaturehorsehaulersbybob

It would be pulled my our durango or a small truck(like a ford ranger or a tacoma)

So I dont think that thing would work out to well, but someday in the near future when I have my heard of minis, I would like to buy a miniature horse hauler by bob

-Gage-

I have a 16' Wrangler mini trailer and I love it, it pulls a lot better than my big horse trailer, the Wranglers are taller than the B&W trailers and IMO alot better built.

Gage I am assuming you have not finished growing yet?? Now me, I am fine in one of those things, I can stand up and the roof clears my head, in fact my friend who has a half height gets me to load his horses as he has a bad back!!! Think of arriving at a show at which you are showing out of your trailer - most of our shows are like that- now imagine trying to get ready in one of those little things- or trying to manoeuvre a flighty colt off one. Get the picture?? I could have a bunk bed in my trailer and still have head room, but I would not change my full sized, four wheeled beastie for anything other than a proper lorry.

We have a miniature horse trailer. It is a smaller one (8'? 10'? I'm not sure). It is a stock kind but more enclosed that most of the stock trailers I have seen. I need to learn how to pull it. Harvey has a couple of times, but neither of us really knows much about pulling a trailer.

The trailer title to it says it weighs 1,000 pounds empty. My Santa Fe (smallish SUV, but not a tee tiny SUV) can pull it but we didn't have a hitch put on it (scared of voiding the warranty). We got a "new" truck and it can pull it plus about 7,000 pounds.

I can't comment on what's easier to tow because I haven't learned to tow anything yet, but I do think the trailer is pretty darn cute! And it has a "hay wrack" on the top which could carry carts if I wanted (but would be easier to put them in the truck). It is colored gold. Here is a picture of it in my carport. It's nothing fancy to be sure but I still love having it.

MINI%20HORSE%20TRAILER.jpg

I am with Rabbit...I just think they are the cutest things...but NOT for me.
biggrin.gif

I can just imagine loading or unloading a horse that decides to fling it's head or jumps...where are you? Plastered to the roof with a broken nose or worse. I want enough height and width in my trailer to be able to stand beside my horse without being all bent over it in a dinky little trailer.

I also like having my living area in the same place, hence...my gooseneck. I love it and highly recommend them to anyone who is thinking of doing any amout of overnight showing. Also...they are sooooo much easier to handle; once you have driven one, you won't go back to a bumper pull.

We use a trailer for big horses. My opinion is that they are easier to manouvre than the little ones we used before. It is also (as said before) easier at shows etc.. I think they stay cooler as well because there is more air in it and the heat can go up and away.

I don't like the little trailers because of the risks. Last year a friend of us lost his miniature filly during a trip in their little trailer because she reared and jumped...she broke her neck because of the low roof and was dead instantly. Very very sad.
no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
The longer a trailer is the easier it is to maneuver and back up. The shorter trailers respond to changes faster and tend to jack knife easier. Adding feet in length make it easier as does a fifth wheel. Having the pivot point over the rear wheels make it respond and handle easier. Kind of more user friendly.

No. I dont think I am done growing, and I am allready 6'!! I LOVE everything miniautre, what I was thinking is have a two horses going verticle(or maybe it is horizonlte. but what I mean is going up and down) and have a horse in the back going horizontle(once again, not sure if that is the right work but what I mean is going side to side) I have seen a miniature horse trailer were the roof opens up(well, didnt see it, just heard about it, but I would defenetly have that) I really wont be able to afford anything else, cause I am just a kid, and my parents are really not into horses, and I hope to eveutally have 4 or 5 minis before I go to college, then I will sell maybe a couple and my mom will probably take care of them when I am not at home, wich she is willing to do! My parents would help me out if I needed a little! I have a one horse trailer, but my mare is 29.5 and she has a real hard time jumping into it! I have either got to take the door of and put hinges on the bottom instead of the side, and lay it down as a ramp, but I dont think I will be able to fit more than two horses in there, if I had three the would be pushing on each other and its not really all that big in there, its just to high! I will never need to pull more than three horses! and like I said it will be pulled by our durango or a small truck! I am just wondering what a estamate of that would cost!

I am sure maybe if we went to a place that makes trailers around us could give us and estamate, just wanted to see if any of you maybe had one!

Thanks!

-Gage-

I have a one horse trailer, but my mare is 29.5 and she has a real hard time jumping into it!
If you know anyone at all who has a welder, and is "handy"...you can very easily have a small removable ramp made for your little trailer. All you need are the "hooks" to join it to your trailer with, and a metal frame for a 1" suitable piece of plywood. It shouldn't cost much, really.

I won't use a jump-up trailer any longer, since ruining a yearling years ago. I had jumped horses in and out of my trailer "forever", and that one time...my sweet little mare slipped and wrecked her stifle.
no.gif
sad.gif

I've had some of my horses trailered in a miniature horse trailer, and quite honestly, I do not feel comfortable with them. It could just be my location (Southern California) but I get so, so nervous with these little trailers on the So. Cal. freeways. They're hard to see and well, I won't comment on the drivers out here...I just don't feel like they're safe, here.

I currently do not own a trailer, but I am 100% sold on getting a full-size horse trailer.

Yesterday I did see one of those little horse trailers in the back of a pick up truck and they were just driving local streets. I thought it was cute, but not for me!

Gage,

I'm putting together plans to make portable/removeable panels and a ramp for the back of my pick up truck to occasionally haul minis. I have a horse trailer but it's a pain in the backside to get it out of the garage and put it away again! I bought that welder that I'm using to build my barn so I'm gonna put it to good use for some other useful "horsie" things like the truck panels.
smile.gif

PS- YOU'RE SIX FEET TALL ALREADY????!!!
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
OMG I'd look like a SMURF standing next to you!!! LOL
biggrin.gif

Hi Laurie, I wish we could do that too, but like I said that I wont be able to afford a truck big enough, and I thought it would be so fun to just hook a little trailer on, and take my horses places if they need too! I would never need to haul more than 3 minis, so i just want a 3 miniature horse trailer! I wish I could do that though, but My parents have a durango(pretty much same price as some trucks) and have a few cars they are still paying off, and we wouldnt need a durango AND a truck, and the dirango's have alot more room in them!!

LOL, Laurie, you crack me up! Yep I am 6 ft tall, well 5 ft 11'' to be exact! and the funny thing is, I have all these SMALL aniamls, so I am a giant that likes little things LOL

-Gage-

Critterhugger said:
Gage,
  I'm putting together plans to make portable/removeable panels and a ramp for the back of my pick up truck to occasionally haul minis.  I have a horse trailer but it's a pain in the backside to get it out of the garage and put it away again!  I bought that welder that I'm using to build my barn so I'm gonna put it to good use for some other useful "horsie" things like the truck panels. 
smile.gif

PS-  YOU'RE SIX FEET TALL ALREADY????!!! 
new_shocked.gif

new_shocked.gif
  OMG I'd look like a SMURF standing next to you!!! LOL
biggrin.gif

455694[/snapback]

Gage said:
Yep I am 6 ft tall, well 5 ft 11'' to be exact!  and the funny thing is, I have all these SMALL aniamls, so I am a giant that likes little things LOL
-Gage-
CRIMINY young man! If you get any taller I'll have to be careful if you stop by that you don't step on me and SQUASH ME LIKE A BUG!! LOL (But not a SPIDER of course LOL)

Humm well after reading some of the other posts, I think I like Sue's suggestion of building a ramp for that trailer of yours. Those little miniature trailers are PRICEY.

Critterhugger said:
Yep I am 6 ft tall, well 5 ft 11'' to be exact! and the funny thing is, I have all these SMALL aniamls, so I am a giant that likes little things LOL

-Gage-

CRIMINY young man! If you get any taller I'll have to be careful if you stop by that you don't step on me and SQUASH ME LIKE A BUG!! LOL (But not a SPIDER of course LOL)

Humm well after reading some of the other posts, I think I like Sue's suggestion of building a ramp for that trailer of yours. Those little miniature trailers are PRICEY.

455719[/snapback]

LOL, I am really good at smashing spiders, ahhhh, now I got the heebee geebies!

I think I should do the ramp thing too! I probably could find a two (regular size)horse trailer and would fit alot more minis too!

-Gage-

Well I have both.

I have a Calico that I got probably back in 97 (4.5 tall, 5 wide, 9.5 long) 3 mini horse trailer with small tack area, so can haul 4 (slant load). When I first started showing and was only taking 2-3 horses it was fine. Although I hated loading stuff in the back of the truck and then unloading when you get back from the show........

I still have it and it is GREAT for quick hauling to the vets, I love it for that. And I still love it if I am going to a sale - I can hook up to it "just in case" and it has no effect on gas mileage and it don't get in the way.

Now I got a Wrangler gooseneck 7 mini horse (15ft long, 6ft tall) in 2003 and I LOVE, LOVE It. Wrangler is just great. I designed my trailer and they put it together. It is alumium skin, easy to clean, drop down feed windows for extra air.

I much rather pull my gooseneck, smoother ride, easy to back/park. Now I wish I would have made it about 7ft. longer
wacko.gif

Latest posts

Back