Miniature Tack in Alaska?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MommaF8

Reaction score
Hello Y'all! I'm back with more questions for ya!

Unfortunately, I did not get all of my tack for the girls when they were shipped up here to Alaska.

Can anyone tell me of a good source of minature tack & grooming supplies in the Anchorage area?

I found TONS of them in the lower 48 but the cost to SHIP here is outrageous!

I'd even consider ordering from Canada if the exchange rate & their shipping wasn't too much.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Kim

P.S. Just have to share!!!

Today is my eldest daughters birthday AND my 3rd daughter had HER 3rd daughter today as well! AND the baby (Samantha) even WEIGHED the same as my oldest!!! How's THAT for a special day??? Photos of baby & mom (not of eldest yet! SOON!) on my blog at the website! More to follow!

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a group of people who sell some very nice tack in our area. they have an on-line catalogue and will ship but I don't know if they advertise here so I'm not sure its acceptable to post a link to their store. If you want it perhaps you can pm me and I'll send it to you that way and I might have a couple of other BC addresses that you could use. I don't think the shipping costs would be too bad from BC to Alaska and the US dollar is still higher than ours so you might find some good buys. Let me know if you want the links

Turns out they do advertise here. Carriagehouse Tack is the one I was thinking of. You can try checking the Miniature Horses and Tack Canada for the business ads. They have a banner (I think thats what hey call those type of ads) there and a few other Canadian sellers do as well.

Congrats and Happy Birthday(s) !

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank y'all SO much for the info! I'll surely look into it!

Now, another question!

How do I go about deleting a duplicate topic / post?

Anyone? I'm at a loss!

Sorry about that!
default_sad.png

MommaF8, I may be wrong but aren't you all in the military? Does AK use APO/FPO? I know in the AF it's considered overseas. If you have an APO address the cost to mail should be the same as in the lower 48. Now I don't know about UPS or FEDX, but when we were overseas there wasn't any difference in mailing costs. Just wondering..

Latest posts

Back