Miniature mare that is pregnant

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't get the videos to play but foal movement is good!

She seems to be more sunken in at her sides, and her udder is getting a little harder, and bigger but not much. Pics were taken today

Attachments

• 20210714_162945.jpg
    20210714_162945.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210714_162853(0).jpg
    20210714_162853(0).jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 4
I just reread your opening post. If she is supposed to be due soon and you are sure she is pregnant, just keep a real close eye on her. She may be one of those mares that doesn't produce an udder till foaling. You said you noticed heaps of movement when you got her (which is great). As she gets towards the end of her pregnancy , movement will become less visible as there becomes less room for the foal to move around.

Are you still in contact with the previous owner? Often helps sometimes to ask how her previous pregnancies went. Did she produce an udder prior to foaling etc. If you are, and can get a breeding date or dates, it will give us an indication on when the foal maybe coming. Being pasture bred , there's always the possibility of her falling pregnant on a later breeding ( always go off the first breeding date)

Good Luck and let us know if any changes :)

I just reread your opening post. If she is supposed to be due soon and you are sure she is pregnant, just keep a real close eye on her. She may be one of those mares that doesn't produce an udder till foaling. You said you noticed heaps of movement when you got her (which is great). As she gets towards the end of her pregnancy , movement will become less visible as there becomes less room for the foal to move around.

Are you still in contact with the previous owner? Often helps sometimes to ask how her previous pregnancies went. Did she produce an udder prior to foaling etc. If you are, and can get a breeding date or dates, it will give us an indication on when the foal maybe coming. Being pasture bred , there's always the possibility of her falling pregnant on a later breeding ( always go off the first breeding date)

Past owner said that her udder will enlarge thats all he said. And I can definitely see foal movement and her udder is getting bigger from the very first picture I've seen. Just know that she was with the stud for about 4 months I have the papers for it. But don't know when she was actually bred.

This is her belly today. Not much difference.

Attachments

• 20210715_165742.jpg
    20210715_165742.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 7
It's nerve wracking isn't it? She doesn't look ready yet going by the book. Watch and wait, gotta love foal watch. ;)

It's nerve wracking isn't it? She doesn't look ready yet going by the book. Watch and wait, gotta love foal watch. ;)

Yes it is. She's been very spooky lately and her hind end us starting to get very loose. But hardly no udder but it does seem to be getting hard.

Yes it is. She's been very spooky lately and her hind end us starting to get very loose. But hardly no udder but it does seem to be getting hard.

I checked her udder yesterday and it was pretty hard but I don't understand why because there's still not a big udder

She's going to get there her way in her time, just to make you totally crazy. I would think the hardness is her getting ready to start a bag but that's just a guess.

She's going to get there her way in her time, just to make you totally crazy. I would think the hardness is her getting ready to start a bag but that's just a guess.

Okay help me out here, my mare has been loosing her hair is that hormones or? And her belly seems to be a little lower now.

Attachments

• 20210728_133737.jpg
    20210728_133737.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210728_133724.jpg
    20210728_133724.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 12
Started off as patches and now she's basically just lost it on her rump area like the recent pictures I posted. She doesn't have any bumps under her fur so idk

Can you take a picture standing directly behind her. looking at her butt say 5-10m back. ?

It will give us an indication on how the foal is currently positioned.

I took this picture today.

Attachments

• 20210804_160649.jpg
    20210804_160649.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 6
Going by the book it doesn't look like there's much going on there but that doesn't mean there isn't. How sure are you about her breed date? Keep watching closely, they can surprise you.

Latest posts

Back