Miniature Horse world has lost another....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
I am sad to announce that Richard Ray of Silver Meadows Training Center in Anthony, Florida has passed away. He was the hands behind all the wonderful driving horses that have won so much in both AMHA and AMHR...truly one of the best driving trainers out there today! My condolences go out to his wife Anita (Gayle) Ray and their family at this time of loss. Our community here in Florida will miss him greatly at the shows and he will be missed by many others at Nationals and Worlds. The Miniature Horse world has lost yet another great one.....

I didn't know him, but I'm very sad to hear of his passing
default_sad.png

My prayers & thoughts are with his family.

OMG! What a shock, no I didn't know him but I do know Gayle and his daughter, so sorry to hear of his passing, my thoughts are now with his loved ones.

Linda, I've been in a state of shock all day and still am. It's so hard to believe that Richard is gone. My sympathy and prayers are with Gayle, Amanda, Christopher and the rest of the Ray family as they deal with the heartache. The miniature horse world will certainly miss Richard.

RIP Richard - drive on!!!

I am sadened to hear this. Richard was one of the best trainners in the SE, along with his wife Gayle. I had the priviledge to know them and help with their horses at Nationals in Tulsa thru my many mini friends. Condolences to the family.

I have known The Rays for a very long time. Area 3 will not be the same as you all know Richard Ray could drive a horse and so could his wife and daughter and grandson. Every year the Rays would take on a youth and teach them how to drive halter and jumpers. The youth will miss him dearly and so will so many others. You never saw Richard with out a cup of coffee and some on in their tack stall if you was brave to go in there with their trusty side kick Mandy! I hope that Gayle will still show and that her daughter and grandson will still do the same.

RIP Richard

Although I did not know Richard, being new to Florida, i am sorry to hear of his passing and wish his family the best.

I am sorry to hear of Richard's passing. I have known the Rays for many many years, ever since ' way back when' my daughter and I would go to open shows to 'break in' our driving horses to a show ring before taking them to a mini show. The Rays were there just starting out as well, and later at the mini shows we reconnected. In the show ring, Richard drove to win, and if one was lucky enough to top him, you knew you had done a good job.

My sympathies to his family.

The loss of Richard Ray is a tough one for the local horse community that he gave so much to and to anyone who had the privilege to spend time with him at nationals and worlds. I am sure that the tradition that he and Gayle started will only continue to grow in the coming years and his hands will continue on in his young grandson who loves nothing more then to drive a horse like his papa.

Sad news. I met the Rays for the first time at AMHA Regionals in 2001. I have had the opportunity to watch Richard drive several champions and talk with him on several occasions over the years. He always took the time to say hello and answer my questions. I really liked the guy and remember him as a man of few words with a gentle and patient nature.

I am so sorry to hear of the loss. I so looked forward to seeing Silver Meadow's horses every year at the World. Always the BEST! Also enjoyed a workshop that he and Anita did at Lucky Four sale years ago. I learned so much in a short time from their expertise. A sad loss to the industry. Our thoughts and prayers to the family.

Richard was laid to rest today by his wife, family and friends. I'm told it was a beautiful service in true Richard style. I was disappointed that I couldn't go in person due to a work conflict. Last I heard from Gayle was that she would continue their original show schedule as that is what she feels Richard would've wanted. RIP Richard you will be missed at our shows but everytime I see a driving shadow on the wall I'll think of you

Latest posts

Back