Miniature Horse Websites

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildhorses

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone here designs their own mini horse websites or if you just use a professional designer? I am interested in doing my own website, and know that there are programs out there that you can purchase that make them fairly easy to do. I don't want one of those free ones where you have adds and stuff popping up all the time, I want a very professional looking one that isn't going to cost me a fortune and that I can update, change and have full control over anytime I want.

I would love imput from those that do their own websites...what type of software program you use to design your website. Also am curious about peoples thoughts about Flash websites versus HTML websites, the pros and cons, etc. Any imput or thoughts would be appreciated...and if you can give links to your websites that would be great so I can take a look at how your software works for you. Thanks a bunch!

I do my own and have for many years. I like doing it
default_smile.png

To design it, I just used Netscape Composer and Coffee Cup HTML.

It is hosted by Earthlink (about $20/mo and very reliably up and running).

You can see the site here: http://www.whinny4me.com/

I have a free google website. It has no pop ups and no adds. I like it. Sometimes it has problems moving photos, but other than that it in nice.

If you want to see it here is the link. My link

Larry, the hubster, designed ours and I wrote a lot of the copy (descriptions). We had someone who designed and "managed" a previous website for us, but she never changed anything when we asked her to, So! We started over from scratch.

If you have any questions, Larry would be more than happy to tell you how to design your own. He's a great teacher.....(former high school teacher, lol.)

Our ranch website is <http:/www.miniatureventures.com/> or e-mail: <[email protected]>

Larry is the computer literate one.
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My son is in the middle of making a website for me. He did all the html and design, etc...The problem now is I bought my domain thru webs.com and when Scott tried to add the pages he made, it wouldn't allow him to upload entire pages! I am going to contact webs.com today and see if they have an answer or if he needs to add it piece by piece. My question is...if I decide to change my hosting site, do I lose my domain name??

I do my own with Webs.com since 2005 and never had a issue and runs me $50 a year and the domain is $20 a year and I can work on the site at my own pace and don't have to wait for anyone else.

I do my own, it's pretty easy. :modedit: Many hosts offer templates for you to use, some are free and some have fees associated with them.

Personally, I always recommend buying a website program for your computer so YOU have it, not the host... and then using an FTP to transfer it online. Good ones are several hundred dollars, but they make it WAY faster and easier to use. But you could use Microsoft Word to make a website if you know how, there are so many ways you can do one.

Linda... you should be able to transfer your domain name to any other host... it is not hard to do, just go to your host's FAQ and they should have the process for you. You will just need to pay a new fee from the new host to register the domain once its transferred.

Andrea

(Oops sorry Mods, but thank you! Wasn't intentional!)
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wildhorses....I left you a personal message.

Steph

Latest posts

Back