Miniature horse run-in shed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Horse Mom that tent will work just fine and you could put a gate in the opening if you had the need to pen her in there, and there is plenty of ventilation, copper's is only open on one side and it's plenty cool and warm when needed, besides you need a place to keep hay dry if nothing else she will go in there to get out of rain and eat you could keep the water in there too so it's out of the sun, good luck mini's are easy to house even a calf hut mine Love them.

@BiologyBrain that tent sure sound interesting. I hope you find those photos, I'll like to see it.

This is a Shelter Tech or something 10’x20’x8’ (high) tent. The hay feeder inside holds 2 square bales standing on their ends. The horse in front is my 13-2 HH Curly. The pony peaking his head out is about 12-2 HH.

Attachments

• 57727D05-9B9B-4E13-830B-70C9B8C86E02.jpeg
    57727D05-9B9B-4E13-830B-70C9B8C86E02.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 6
389E1510-52EA-4505-B090-B7EA5370ADFF.jpeg I bought one of these and plan to put up soon. The instructions say it takes a couple of people but I’m sure I can do most of it myself, just ask my husband to help lift it up to the corral panels. I’ll add plywood to 3 sides too. My only concern is making sure it’s secured to the ground well so the wind doesn’t lift/move it at all. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

We use mobile home anchors on our little shed. Had to rent a two-man auger to drive them in as the ground was dry and hard. Not sure I would trust anything less than those anchors. Some people near us had theirs blow into a neighboring field; luckily it was sturdy steel and survived to be anchored. Some others bought one of those carport structures; it did not fare well in the wind and was destroyed.

View attachment 39746 I bought one of these and plan to put up soon. The instructions say it takes a couple of people but I’m sure I can do most of it myself, just ask my husband to help lift it up to the corral panels. I’ll add plywood to 3 sides too. My only concern is making sure it’s secured to the ground well so the wind doesn’t lift/move it at all. I’ll let you know how it turns out.
I was just looking at this last night for hay storage.

Here’s a better photo of our tent. The skis on the bottom are 3-4 2x6s bolted together. We did have some severe winds that skid the tent over about 10’, but it didn’t tip or hurt it. The little guy facing the camera is about 12-2 HH. The rear end you see belongs to our 13-2 HH mare. Our hair sheep is in there too.

Attachments

• 15F948F2-1483-4A29-9C83-84DB3931A3E8.jpeg
    15F948F2-1483-4A29-9C83-84DB3931A3E8.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back