miniature horse equipment

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minister man

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can buy miniature sized gardening equipment? such as a small harrow? garden hillers? cultivator or anything such as that? if so Where would one find such things?

Hopefully, Paula will see your post, she has used her ponies for such work, so might know where equipment might be available or how to convert available equipment. [Give her a few days to see your post, since it's a holiday weekend, she's likely busy.]

I always check Kijiji, you never know when someone has mini stuff for sale. You have to be quick in New Brunswick though, miniature stuff sells quickly.
default_wink.png

I think this stuff is "custom made" by people who know how to fabricate metal, etc. I have been involved with miniatures for well over 20 years and don't know of any "commercial" place that has that type of equipment.

Hey all, hope everyone had a grand 4th of July!! & THANX Chanda for the referral.

Minister Man - not sure where, across the pond, that you would find such equipment. HOWEVER - search for any company that makes garden equipment meant to be pulled behind a lawn tractor or an ATV. Also, there are places that build pieces meant to be handled by a person - that may be available to you that aren't here in the USA(would love the mini balers that I've found but shipping from "over there" to "here" is more than the equipment at this time).

There has been a resurgence in draft horse use here in the USA, and every year at Horse Progress Days (held in the Mid-west - alternates 5 states I believe) there are groups of folks from overseas. They get together and have been shipping horse drawn work equipment - you might see if some of these folk could add mini sized equipment to their shipments. The Amish company I've dealt w/ the most (so far) has been Pioneer Manufacturing, but there are others that also make equipment and can fabricate mini sizes (and some of what I've gotten has been special order/fabricated - not from "on the shelf").

Go the Rural Heritage dot com, and you can ask questions there. I'm not sure who the best person/people are to contact at this point. Horse Progress Days are held every year over the 4th of July weekend timeframe. I attended the one in Millersburg, OH in 2014... Maybe go out to the Horse Progress Days website and get hold of folks thru that?

Otherwise, have someone fabricate what you are looking for - right there in New Brunswick.

This is TWO garden disks that were meant to be pulled by the riding lawnmower - now being pulled by ponies. Vicki & James (her hubby) had told me what they spent for these - when I found them they weren't nearly as well made as this set and were 3x the cost! I haven't gotten them. Later, I went with a spring tooth harrow (single section - Pioneer Manufacturing) that my 3 abreast will pull - but we haven't done that yet.

11apr9bebi690.jpg

& Vicki's pair pulling it with a forecart (pony sized - Pioneer Manufacturing).

130oct12disk3.jpg

There is this type of chain drag that could be used - chain harrow

or you could make one yourself out of chain link fencing put on a frame such as this. Vicki is driving Eclipse single here but also uses the forecart w/ the pair to pull it now... Don't have pics of the pair or a close up of the "drag"...

11mar19ncwhma583.jpg

Here's the link to the drag being pulled by the pair...

chainlink drag

Sorry - wish I could be of more help!

Latest posts

Back