miniature horse crosses?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjacobucci

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone out there has ever come across a miniature x modern shetland cross before? I have a few minis that we do combined driving with. I love them to death and they are awesome at competing. I have always loved the actions and the movement of the modern shetland, but they are bigger than I like. I also haven't been as thrilled with the temperment of the few that I have met in comparision to the temperment of my minis. I would love to know if anyone has ever tried crossing their minis with modern shetlands. I would love to have a show horse that moves more like a modern shetland but has the temperment of my minis and is less then about 38 inches. I guess I can keep dreaming.

Thanks

Carrie J

Contact Tony Greaves, he has been crossing small hackney mares with his mini stallions for years...many of those crosses had really "big" trots...He might be able to steer you in the right direction and give you some valuable insights...

Sharron

[SIZE=14pt]We will have some ....Dr Taylor has hardshipped a few modern mares into amhr. Some will be bred to mini/classic stallions that we own. One of my stallions is still under 33 inches as a two year old. I have a mini B mare that is part hackney and she is bred for next year to dr Taylors ASPC AMHR Michigans Man of Steel. I sold steel to Doc but retained some breeding rights. He is a foundation classic. There was a little yearling modern mare at his last sale that will stay mini size maybe even A mini sized. Watch our 06 foals here and at Dawns Chase Farm.[/SIZE]

Lyn

countryrose said:
Do a search for Arenosa horses and you can see your dream come true.
492871[/snapback]

Similar idea.....except the 100% Arenosa are Classic Shetlands.....and people are are crossing them with "B" and "A" minis.

MA

A mini/hackney or a modern shetland/miniature cross is my dream combination. I am not familiar with who raises them, but would love their websites or email addy's. I have both A and B minis and always thought a hackney/modern shetland crossed with a mini would be the ultimate driving machine!!!! Thanks a million!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back