Miniature Horse Camp

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
The first day of horse camp went great! The boys were a little spunky but the girls handled them perfectly!

3733F3A1-41C1-4475-B90F-063600ACD759.jpeg

49258D72-CF68-4155-A764-1C21188BE5D7.jpeg

CED72C25-E6B9-4614-9423-362B6166517C.jpeg

6F5CBF03-504D-410C-A641-5D59CBD1D2AF.jpeg

1F2A778F-A515-4CED-A081-2B1479CD4F94.jpeg

Day 2 of Christmas Camp is tomorrow. I did get some complaints and whines, “WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE LAST DAY OF CAMP IS TOMORROW!!??” And another little gal informed me that I need to have camp every single day because she wants to come every single day LOL 💕💕

Any of yall throw camp for the kiddos? I am having a hard time keeping up with them! Camp was only 3 hours and I’m exhausted!! 💕💕

Wow!! They look like they had a blast, I know this is something I would have loved as a kiddo :) I would love to get Sodapop into camp activities and educational stuff when she's a bit older and more mature. We have visited a few camps (mainly art camps, oddly enough!) to let kids meet her and become educated on service horses. :) But right now she's in a phase of "I don't know you, why are you touching me?? Gross human germs!" 🤣

Beautiful photos! I especially love the story hour one. ❤

A video of the girls and ponies working together is a terrific take away.

You must be very proud of your horses! Terrific job!!!

By the way, did you have one favorite moment...other than all of them? ;)

By the way, did you have one favorite moment...other than all of them? ;)

YES, all of them! Here is my favorite moment with each little gal….

Stormy’s little gal was so scared of the ponies when she first arrived at camp. I asked her if she wanted Thunder, she said “NO.” So asked if she wanted Breezy, “NO.” ….. Stormy? “NO” So she just watched everyone else groom their pony while one of the other moms groomed hers. She didn’t want to decorate Stormy herself, she wanted the other mom to decorate him for her. She didn’t want her pony to have a unicorn, but she did wear a unicorn skirt the next day! Once we all started to take the ponies for a walk, she finally joined us and then didn’t stop walking Stormy the rest of the day! She would go into the barn because “her pony was thirsty.” Then she would go back outside because “her pony wanted to go outside.” Then back to the watering hole LOL and of course now she wants a pony! LOL

Riffics young lady was also scared of horses, she had a bad riding experience and was so glad she didn’t have to ride him. Riffics is about 16hh, huge, and very intimidating. I was so impressed how she handled him and got him to turn on his forehand! When she did the obstacle course she sang her Christmas song loud and clear, it was so AWESOME because she isn’t very outspoken and is usually very quiet.

Breezy’s little gal wants a pony so bad she had to prove to her parents she could take care of one. She would always be disappearing to muck the stalls & paddock 🤣🤣 She bought a new outfit for her obstacle course video and she looked FANTASTIC!! She had her hands full with Breezy because he is such a baby, but she handled him perfectly!

Thunder’s little gal made up a new horse game: musical pony. She learned quickly how to tie the lead rope so it would be a quick release knot and then she taught the others! She was always where she was suppose to be, doing exactly what she was suppose to be doing.

The first day was pretty hectic, but the second morning when they all arrived they knew exactly what to do, which brush to use first, where the decorations were….so that was really cool!

Oh, you asked about ONE favorite moment LOL LOL…I tried to narrow it down 🤣🤣 ….. I guess if I had to pick one it would be that second morning when everyone knew what to do with their pony 💕💕

Oh, Kelly, that is all so much fun to read about - brave girls and big hearted horses - and a wise leader.

It sounds like you all laid to rest a few nightmares, launched a new pony owner as well as a fashion diva ☺ and helped a girl discover her leadership qualities.

Bravo Team Texas! 💕

January Mini Horse Camp
I’m doing Mini Horse Camp once a month now 😍 it was freezing today! …well 45 degrees and misty/foggy….freezing for TX 🤣🤣 The ponies behaved really good for such cold weather and the girls did a great job navigating through the obstacle course. This camp was only 1.5 hours and boy did the time fly by! This camp we only had 1 unicorn and Breezy got a man bun!! 🤣🤣

BD2A5219-C714-491C-A308-4F6BFF5F546E.jpeg

3D58BEE7-9D12-4992-9C18-20EA456883B8.jpeg

7CA2C96E-0E6D-4033-8735-E8E113ACEA5E.jpeg

7131595F-0BE6-47E0-962B-A2FB755B5052.jpeg

4D810788-DCFE-4839-A131-19E6BB3ABF3D.jpeg

Last edited:
Your young campers are having good time and the man bun is a hoot! The girls have such sweet expressions on their faces.

That’s great you had the girls out and moving on your misty, foggy, cold day! I bet they didn’t mind a bit.

Sounds like a perfect day for something hot for you at the end of the day!

Latest posts

Back